Extra Blank Space in Post Wrapper

Started by SirAlahn, November 28, 2014, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAlahn

Hello,

I'm posting this thread because I'm having some difficulty with extra space between the top of the post wrapper and the content of the actual post in topics on my forum. The problem is only occurring on one of our themes, and does not seem to be related to any mods—at least not that I can tell. The problem seems to have arisen when I updated the forum software from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 two days ago. (My co-admin and I had taken a hiatus from the site for a while due to real-life concerns, which is what prevented me from making the update when 2.0.9 initially came out.)

As such, we are currently running a fully updated version of 2.0.9, and all of our mods are running the most current versions. My forum can be found here [nofollow], and an example thread where you can see this problem occurring can be found here [nofollow]. Note: The current default skin on the forum is not the one exhibiting the error, as I've been displaying a functional one while trying to work on this problem. In order to view the theme with the error, select "Jungle" from the quick-theme changer at the bottom right corner of the page. This feature functions just fine for guests.

As near as I can tell, the problem has something to do with the poster area on the side of each post—as the space corresponds to where the custom profile fields end there. I know from previous tinkering that the flow_hidden, inner, and post fields in the theme's CSS affect the placement; however, all my attempts to play around with the values there have done nothing to change or reduce the blank space.

I've attached a screenshot as an example, as well as the index.css and Display.template.php files for the theme in question. I'd be glad to supply anything else that might help solve this problem, but I'm not sure what else might be pertinent. To any who read and respond to this topic, thank you for your time.

Gwenwyfar

On line 2096 on your css for the jungle theme, change

.poster {
    width: 15em;
}

to

.poster {
    width: 15em;
    float: left;
}

;)

Edit: Did something happen with the last modify names of the forum? My name's not "Colin" and never was  ;D
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

SirAlahn

That fixed it perfectly. Thank you so much!

Kindred

I suspect that the team member named Colin edited your list for some reason...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

QuoteThat fixed it perfectly. Thank you so much!
You're welcome! :)

Weird, the post is still exactly as I wrote it, and I edited it twice to test it and it stayed as Colin. Now its fixed. Maybe he tried to edit something at the same time as I did? No idea why either, though :P
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Kindred

Might have been an accidental click of the modify instead of quote
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: