Is it possible to only give a membergroup the ability to assign other groups?

Started by Bennyx6, November 28, 2014, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyx6

I would like to give a membergroup the ability to assign membergroups to other members, but I do not want them to have the ability to manage or modify the groups. Basically, I only want them to have the ability to go into someone's profile and change that person's group. I tried using this mod, but it shot up a bunch of errors when I tried to install it.

Is there another way to do this? Thanks.

Illori

assign the members of the group as the group moderator then they can add users to the group in the moderation panel.

Herman's Mixen

mods wont install probery... try manual installation never trust package manager anyway...
or use emulate version in package manager... if you lazy :D
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Black Tiger

Just a question Herman.
If you should not trust the package manager.... is it more trustworthy when using the emulation mode in the package manager?
Greetings, Black Tiger

Arantor

Emulation just changes what set of instructions the package manager might look at. It does not change whether the package manager does its job correctly or not.

Bennyx6

Quote from: Illori on November 28, 2014, 09:39:14 PM
assign the members of the group as the group moderator then they can add users to the group in the moderation panel.

Thanks for your help, but is there any other way? We have about 10+ membergroups and it would be really inefficient to manually go into every group and assign a person as moderator since new people need this power somewhat regularly.

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on November 28, 2014, 09:42:01 PM
mods wont install probery... try manual installation never trust package manager anyway...
or use emulate version in package manager... if you lazy :D

Looks like I'm going to have to try that.

Black Tiger

So it doesn't make it more trustworthy.... that's all I needed to know... I'll keep making backups anyway.:)
Greetings, Black Tiger

Arantor

The mod is unlikely to work properly even with emulation.

Also, no, there isn't any other way to do it because it is not something that occurs all that often in our experience. Even setting '10+ groups' is not an arduous task. In the time it would take to wait around for a 'better' answer, you could have done it anyway.

Advertisement: