Blocking super-newbies from PMing

Started by cgallery, November 28, 2014, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgallery

Under Admin/Permissions/Super-Newbie/Modify, I have "Read personal messages" and "Send personal messages" both unchecked.

But when I create a new test account and activate it, I find I can send/receive PM's.

When I check my test user's account, it says I'm a Super-Newbie.  BTW, the Super-Newbie was created so I can moderate a first post.

So people can sign-up and activate accounts and still send regular members PM's.  I'd like that they can't do this until I've approved their first public forum post.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Arantor

You're not setting permissions properly.

Users are always in at least two groups; their assigned group (default: regular members) and a post count group. Either or both of these is granting permission.

Sounds to me like the super-newbie permission also needs to deny send PMs.

cgallery

Thank you very much for your help, I didn't know about "deny permissions" because I didn't have that option turned on.  I wouldn't have found it without your help, it is much appreciated!

Arantor

Curious, then... if you don't have deny permissions turned on, how did you configure post moderation for the super newbie group? Because you have pretty much the same situation there.

Advertisement: