Mod not showing any settings

Started by Bruce the Shark, November 29, 2014, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce the Shark

Hi
I have installed a simple mod in my custom theme design in the hope of creating a new navigation button but i have yet to see any setting in my admin panel.
The mod is called FAQ-master mod is a fairly simple script. ( at least i thought it was )
I download it and extracted it on my pc and manually uploaded it via ftp. I then activated it, and all went well with no error showing.
My issue here is, i don't see anything in my admin panel to allow me to edit this extra page or is there something i need to do like edit some file for this to appear?
Also hopefully i am in the right area to post this topic and not in custom design.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

NanoSector

Hi Bruce,

Do you have a link to the mod in question?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Bruce the Shark

Kindred

why did you extract it and manually upload it?

That's hat the package manager is for.

Also -- we don't generally support mods here.  MisSunday (aka Suki) has her own site which provides support for her github mods, I believe...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruce the Shark

The mod when i tried to uploading it was showing an error as being empty which is wasn't.
So i unzipped it on my pc and manually uploaded it.

Kindred

mods from github do double directory...

you have to unzip and then rezip into a top level directory/zip rather than buried...   by uploading manually, I suspect that you bypassed the database script that inserted the hooks...  and thus have not actually installed the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruce the Shark

oh interesting...
ok wait let me try this again

Bruce the Shark

ok i did that.
but still nothing is showing.
Did you say i need to unzip it into the top level diectory

Kindred

No, that's not what I said.

I said, unzip, locally, then re zip, but make it one directory less, inside the Zip file
Слaва
Украинi

Bruce the Shark

i have unzipped it and then re zipped it locally on my pc and transferred all what was inside ( files ) onto the main directory.
little has happened even creating a new folder and transferring everything inside that as well.
I also created a sub folder for that directory
Regarding making it one directory less?
I dont quiet understand your meaning.

Kindred

Once you re zip, the file can be used in the package manager like any other mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Bruce the Shark

Yes i know it installs successfully without any error.
Trouble is there is nothing in my setting allowing me to edit it.

Kindred

Then it did nit actually install.

I use the FAQ mod on 3 sites and never had any problems, using the package manager to do the install...   Although I did have to reset the archive before the install, as I have alreayd described.
Слaва
Украинi

Bruce the Shark

Unless i am doing something strange, you are most welcome to go in and check for yourself.
I can give you my admin details and you can advise me furthur

Bigguy

Better to set up a test admin account rather than give your personal details. To any one.

Bruce the Shark

I realize this.
The admin account is set up already providing he accept it.

Deaks

Bruce do you still need help with this?

I have marked it as solved as its been 20 days with no bump.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

This has been taken care of.

For those wondering, the SMF 2.1 version of the mod won't work properly on 2.0 even though it will appear to install correctly.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

It took me a little while to figure out exactly what was going on.

Advertisement: