News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[PAID] SMF 2.0.9 - User game upload section. w/ comments, ratings, & more

Started by crow5716, November 30, 2014, 04:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow5716

I can pay if need be for this mod. I just upgraded to SMF 2.0.9 so mod would have to work for current version.

I'm looking for a mod that will add a section to my website for members to upload their own games. It's really for members that are making their own games.

Members would be able to add stuff like screen shots, general game info, where they are at with production of the game. If they need help or what not. You would maybe be able to vote on how good the game looks. You should be able to hit play to play the game "members can keep upload their game, then remove and upload the newer version as they work on it".

The mod I'm looking for would be very similar to what the website http://www.gamesprout.com/ [nofollow] does. If you take a look at their site, you can see exactly the idea I am going for.

My website is big for video game ideas. And I just found this Game Sprout website had appeared not too long after my site went up and they have the advantage of actually showing off your game and getting help. Right now my website/forum is just that a forum to discuss game ideas. It would be great to incorporate something like Game Sprout to get on the cutting edge.

My website: http://videogameideabox.com/ [nofollow]

Thanks, let me know if anyone can help.

-crow

vbgamer45

Hmm I think you could customize my download system to do most of that http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=992
The only part not sure about is playing the game. What type of games are they? Flash games?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

crow5716

Yes, I'm pretty sure they would mainly be flash games. Not too sure what other types of whatever people might be interested in posting to play their games, but for now I'm going to say primarily flash games.

I'll check your download mod. I'm not too programming savvy, so I'm not sure if I would be able to figure out how to modify it to do what I want. I'll give it a shot. If you or anyone else can help out, I would be willing to pay for your time.

Thanks

-crow

crow5716

Ok, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I messed with it a bit. Your download mod is a good starting point. I would need it to embed the flash file users upload instead of displaying a download link for it. It would also need to be modified to only allow for flash files to be uploaded. Then a few more description categories would need added to fill out and possibly even a few spots for screen shots/pictures to be uploaded to each game page.

I have no idea how to embed the flash file and have it auto size. Not sure if there needs to be a width and height box the user will have to fill out so the embed flash can embed at that size.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

-crow

Advertisement: