News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Expanding & Collapsing Spoiler Tag

Started by dougiefresh, November 30, 2014, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Yes, without the parenthesis. For example, my current spoiler box in my sig on my forum looks like this:

:)
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - December 30th, 2014
o language.xml file renamed to english.xml
o Added new form of the bbcode: [spoiler=Some Text]Content Here[/spoiler]
o Changed bbcode definition code based on bbcodes defined in Sources/Subs.php...

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.6 - January 16th, 2015
o License change to Simplified BSD.  No functionality change.

AlphA-Fr

Doesn't work for me?
I well follow your instructions.
I'm using 2.0.8 verion of SMF.

No idea ?

dougiefresh

Quote from: AlphA-Fr on February 01, 2015, 11:16:42 AM
Doesn't work for me?
I well follow your instructions.
I'm using 2.0.8 verion of SMF.

No idea ?
Tell me what you are attempting to use and I'll help you.

muxen

Hey, which file do I have to edit to translate "show" and "hide"? Thanks for help.

dougiefresh

Those language strings are in Themes/default/languages/index.english.php.  You only need to translate the "hide" string (which is $txt['debug_hide']) and "spoiler" (which is $txt['spoiler']).

If you'll post your translations, I'll include them in the next version....

muxen

Thank you very much, was wondering why only the show part was translated. I doubt you really want my translation, considering there's no language pack for it, but here go: show = pokaži, hide = skrij. It's Slovenian/slovenščina (Slovenia), be careful you don't add it to Slovakian/slovenština  ;)

dougiefresh

@muxen: Obviously, I can't include strings for a language pack that doesn't exist.....  Thanks anyway....

dougiefresh

Uploaded 1.7 - February 19th, 2015
o Added text parameter so users will see the specified text instead of Spoiler.

Usage of the new form would be like:
[spoiler text=Usage]Blah Blah Blah[/spoiler]

I am unable to edit the first post of my topic...

Paracelsus

@dougiefresh

When you use the Spoiler bbc button it comes up with:

[/spoiler][spoiler] by this order (which is totally wrong and obviously doesn't work).

Paracelsus

Quote from: Paracelsus on February 27, 2015, 04:39:07 PM
@dougiefresh

When you use the Spoiler bbc button it comes up with:

[/spoiler][spoiler] by this order (which is totally wrong and obviously doesn't work).

Ok, forget about my previous post, in simple mode the code works flawlessly, but I'm not so sure in WYSIWYG mode, I'll test again later.

dougiefresh

This mod only adds to the bbcode list without making no changes to the WYSIWYG mode code.  So this problem is, in all likehood, unrelated to this mod.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.8 - April 4th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.9 - July 15th, 2015
o Fixed missing BBCode button in editor for SMF 2.1 Beta 1.
o Included Swedish UTF8 language modifications by soderlund
o Included Norwegian UTF8 language modifications by soderlund

Thanks for the language translations, soderlund!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.10 - July 20th, 2015
o Remade Spoiler bbcode button with different font.

BenjCano

Hey there. Hosting a role-playing forum, and want to install the spoiler tag to help keep streams of information separate. I tried to install the mod here, but I got slammed with a 500 server error after the attempt. Luckily I had backed up and was able to hit the bail-out button, but now I'm a little nervous about trying again.

Is there a trick to installing this, or indeed any other mod without crashing the system?

margarett

Howdy and welcome ;)

You should get yourself a copy of your forum in another location --> a test site, so that you can try whatever changes you are considering before you launch them live ;)

That being said, error 500 is a server-side error and it is possible that it relates to permissions. Check if the files created by the MOD have permissions set as 777. if so revert them to 644, some hosts don't like 777 ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: