News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Expanding & Collapsing Off-Topic Tag

Started by dougiefresh, November 30, 2014, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.3 - December 30th, 2015
o Fixed minor visual issue with Offtopic tag without parameters.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.0 - Febrary 13th, 2016
o Added "expand" parameter to indicate whether or not the offtopic is expanded by default.
o Rewrote offtopic validation function to support new parameter.

brynn

Hi dougie  :)

I was just using this mod in a situation where a quote was part of what was supposed to be hidden.  But it didn't hide anything.  When I took the quote out, the text was hidden as expected.

I notice that I'm not using the current version.  So I'll upgrade and test, and then I'll report results.

Edit
Rats!  When I try to uninstall, it shows errors, and I don't know how to handle that.  I'll try to get help with that, and then I'll post when I have the new version installed and tested.

dougiefresh

Normally, it'd be helpful to know exactly what the uninstall error was.  However, with this particular mod, it's more than likely to be a language file issue, which you can safely ignore.  True, you'll end up with two copies of the same text once you install the later version, but it's not REALLY important.....

If this is REALLY important to you that the language files are as spiffy as possible, you can go in to the Themes/default/languages/index.english.php file and remove the following lines:
$txt['offtopic'] = "Off-Topic";
$txt['debug_hide'] = 'hide';

EDIT: You could also just upload the Subs-BBCode-OffTopic.php file into your Sources folder....  That'd update the mod, too....  If it mattered, you would have to edit the database to make the proper version number show, though....

brynn

Ok, I have the new version installed, and it works just fine when there's a quote!

Thanks again for another great mod, dougie   :laugh:

-Rock Lee-

@dougiefresh Really great job and I leave here for the Spanish version latin ;D

index.spanish_latin.php
$txt['spoiler'] = "Spoiler";
$txt['debug_hide'] = 'Ocultar';
$txt['spoiler_no_guests'] = 'Comprobar al desactivar spoilers para los visitantes globales:';
$txt['spoiler_no_guest_html'] = '[ Debe <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">Iniciar sesi&oacute;n</a> o <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">Registrarse</a> para ver el spoiler! ]';

index.spanish_latin-utf8.php
$txt['spoiler'] = "Spoiler";
$txt['spoiler_no_guests'] = 'Comprobar al desactivar spoilers para los visitantes globales:';
$txt['spoiler_no_guest_html'] = '[ Debe <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login">Iniciar sesión</a> o <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register">Registrarse</a> para ver el spoiler! ]';

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.1 - April 3rd, 2016
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee [BC].

@Rock Lee [BC]:  Thank you for the translation!  It's been included in version 3.1!

dougiefresh

Version 3.1 has been retracted.  I just realized that the language file from Rock Lee [BC] is meant for my expanding spoiler mod, not this one....

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 04, 2016, 04:55:08 AM
Version 3.1 has been retracted.  I just realized that the language file from Rock Lee [BC] is meant for my expanding spoiler mod, not this one....

@dougiefresh I excuse my mistake and had several open tabs habre inadvertently confused .... In this modification present in the post there are only 2 lines ... also I leave it and apologize again ...

index.spanish_latin.php and index.spanish_latin-utf8.php

$txt['offtopic'] = "Off-Topic";

Although I have a question to translate "off topic" as it is commonly used in Spanish to referirce to put the same unless any subject (an interpretation I give so I leave it like this)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.1 - April 4th, 2016: Attempt # 2
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee [BC].

@Rock Lee [BC]: Thank you again for the translation!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.2 - February 10th, 2017
o Added code so that the border underneath the "OffTopic" text could be removed.
o Fixed code where guests are not allowed to view OffTopics, but could anyways.
o Fixed code where guests were allowed to view OffTopics, but couldn't.

dougiefresh

All development of this mod has been discontinued.  Any further development of this spoiler will take place in the Yet Another Spoiler Mod.  Please note you must uninstall this mod in order to install Yet Another Spoiler Mod.

villasg

Advertisement: