News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

form back up

Started by falconltd, December 03, 2014, 02:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falconltd

Ok i just installed 2.9 smf no problem now i trying to restore form back up which i have imported to mySQL and was successful
  In mySQL database i can see the 132 files imported but when go to web site do not see the imported files still shows virgin state from install
not sure how to get backup files to show on web site 

Kindred

you will have to reconfigure your Settings.php to point to the correct database.

and please note a few things....

1- the version is 2.0.9  (2.9 does not and will never exist)
2- the database is not the same as files.   When you say that you restored the database, there are no files that are involved (well, none that you can see unless you are on a dedicated host - and even then, they don't matter.   database != files)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

falconltd

restore the files to the database, newbie here so how do i config like u say

Kindred

restore what files to the database?  I just got through telling you that the database is made of TABLES, not FILES

as for config...  I told you -- Settings.php.

also - please use actual English.  This includes capitalization and punctuation and stop with the stupid "text-speak" abbreviations; This is a forum, not chat nor IM.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Quote from: falconltd on December 03, 2014, 02:31:06 PM
Ok i just installed 2.9 smf no problem now i trying to restore form back up

Hmmm... Just curious, here... The backup... is it from the same SMF version? If, as I suspect, you're trying to import a database from a v1.x installation, it ain't gonna work... You need to upgrade in-situ.

If my suspicion's wrong, please ignore my post. ;)

falconltd

Ok i installed SMF 2.0.9 on host server. My web site shows in fresh virgin State.
The fellow who was taking care of it did no back up on his control panel.
So all i have is a zip done though Admin centre ,mantaince,backup data within
SMF on web site. SO i imported to mySQL in my control panel i can see it but the
website points to the fresh install not the imported.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
you will have to reconfigure your Settings.php to point to the correct database.
Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2014, 03:49:15 PM
as for config...  I told you -- Settings.php

Once again... you restored the old database... but you must have restored it to a different database than the one you configured the new installation of smf for...   which means that you will have to change the database values in settings.php to point to the database where you restored then content into...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: