News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Two Factor Authentication in SMF 2.1

Started by Dragooon, December 03, 2014, 03:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

I second the option of being able to force 2FA on a membergroup basis.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

margarett

I am playing with this possibility locally (BTW, 2STP for iOS works great!) and this is actually easy to accomplish :)
Either in core (I'll discuss it with devs) or as a MOD, this will be possible ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jamie96

Found this when looking for a mod to accomplish the same thing. Too bad it will be an unholy pain in the ... to rebuild my forum and all its customizations for the new version. Shame.

Though for the future, I also say it would be a good core feature to enforce on a group basis, most of my membership's heads would explode if they had it forced on them, but it seems almost necessary for my administration to be secure.

I also would like to request that Yubikey be added to the providers...its what I was looking to use...phones die or you use an insecure web app, but my keys are always with me and plugs right into the PC I'm using. Yubikey is YOTP or HOTP though, not TOTP unless assisted by an app.

LiroyvH

You can activate two-factor authentication with, for example, Google Auth on multiple devices as long as you scan the QR-Code with all of 'em or manually input the key.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

margarett

Quote from: Jamie96 on April 02, 2015, 01:08:13 PM
Though for the future, I also say it would be a good core feature to enforce on a group basis, most of my membership's heads would explode if they had it forced on them, but it seems almost necessary for my administration to be secure.
The current version in Github already allows that ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lahmfan

is this only on 2.1? is there anything similar for 2.0.12? if not, when will 2.1 be available as a stable release?

Kindred

this is only on 2.1
nothing like this is made for 2.0

2.1 will be released when it is ready
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lahmfan

::)
I thought it was going to be released before it was ready

Antes

Quote from: lahmfan on October 31, 2016, 08:58:45 AM
::)
I thought it was going to be released before it was ready

We actually release it before its ready and call it BETA :P <3

Advertisement: