News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Embed Google Docs in thread

Started by Shyam09, December 03, 2014, 10:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shyam09

I've been beating my head since I can't figure this out. I got the mod_security disabled so I can post HTML bbcodes.

I tried the following code:
[html]<iframe height='620' width='100%' src='https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wmevUVQyDkG-uYw3iJ5nX2c_v9b7RuJ1q4Uwm8YursU/edit?usp=sharing'></iframe>[/html]

and I get a small empty box (empty as in it's transparent). The reason I wanted to do this was because my other SMF forum can do this perfectly and I can't figure out how or why.

Any thoughts on this?

Arantor

Why are you using ' instead of " ?

Also, link to where this is happening?

Shyam09

That's how it was done on my other forum. I just copied and pasted the code here.

I can't link the site here since it's private-access, but here are some screenshots.

Other users were able to post and it was updated live (as if you were on google docs). I even got Google spreadsheets (though this was more of an embed job)

Arantor

*shrug* I can't help you debug it without actually looking at what's going on.

margarett

Could this be that issue with the html BBC and the single/double space?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: margarett on December 04, 2014, 01:47:13 AM
Could this be that issue with the html BBC and the single/double space?
thats gotta be the solution. There no other explaination

Deaks

Shyam09, I am guessing that as you have not updated us that you have this topic solved?  If you need more help please can you let us know what else you have tried.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: