Advice on mods/scripts for a newbie please

Started by phil1966, December 05, 2014, 12:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil1966

Hi All, this will be my very first forum , i am starting a community forum for music producers . I have no coding or programming experience so im hoping things will quite easy as im a fast learner .
I have uploaded simplemachines onto a wamp server and got it running but i need some advice on mods as i have spent all day looking through the database and havent got very far :(

First thing i need, is to allow new members to pick the usergroup they want when registering on the forum. I there a code or module i can use for that ??

2nd is a mod or code that can set uploads to a certain size for each usergroup ie dj group =100mb sample writers group = 25mb

last is to allow  a poll to automatically be posted when somebody uploads a soundfile.. can this be done ??

Thanks

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Hi, I don't really have much to input on your queries, let me think on it some, but I did want to welcome you here, I like the articulate nature of your questions, it's quite refreshing.

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

First question... what sort of choice were you thinking? Are we talking about something purely aesthetic or something that has permissions attached?

Second question... nothing immediately comes to mind though I know the gallery I'm currently working on has quotas for such things.

Third... no, nothing comes to mind. What sort of choices were you hoping to offer exactly?

margarett

For 1 there is http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2716 but it's not at registration...

For your other request, I also don't remember anything. There are download MODs available but (aside from the "quotas") you can't simply upload a 100Mb file through PHP without dividing it in chunks and, AFAIK, none of the current MODs does that...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

The upcoming paid gallery mod can do that, btw. Does it rather well, too.

Advertisement: