converting

Started by amnezia, December 07, 2014, 05:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amnezia

hello guys i got a question

currently i am using mybb 1.6 but i want to go over to SMF
was wondering if i can keep the topics, members etc of my current forum when i switch to smf will i keep it?
or lose them .. i mean dont wanan follow any risks of losing them

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org ;)

Yes, the idea behind conversion is that you can change softwares while keeping content.

Have a read on this
Converting to SMF
And let us know if you have any questions ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

amnezia

thank you for the fast reply i will try it now and post the results here
making a backup of my system now incase something goes badly wrong

will keep you guys updated in here

Deaks

amnezia did everything go ok?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

blackfox95

Hello, I m friend of Amnezia the converting didnt worked for me.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'forum_smf'@'localhost' for table 'forum_users'

Please help me how to solve this problem

margarett

The MySQL user that you set up for SMF's database should be able to access your original database, that's what that error means.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

blackfox95

Thank you for your fast reply,  should i create 2nd user for data base also 1 database with 2 users?

margarett

It depends on your hosting control panel... In most setups I've seen you have the possibility to add several users to each database. So you need to add the user that is now attributed to SMF's database to MyBB' database, so that the converter script is able to access its data ;)

blackfox95

I did it now i got the error message:    Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

margarett

Ahhhh the joys of converters :P
Let me look at that in the computer...

blackfox95

Please answer how can i fix it

margarett

So, I had to read something as I have never used that converter myself and I found out some answers around here.

Try the .sql file attached to this post
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404303.msg3690189#msg3690189

Advertisement: