News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

email problem. system or members ?

Started by iain sherriff, December 09, 2014, 06:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain sherriff

Hi.

Relating to a 2.0.9 forum using the default php email setting.

All members recieve registration emails and password notification email correctly.
Admins/Mods receive newsletters correctly.
Some members do not get newsletters. (not related to particular membergroups that I can see)

Setting the "over ride" in advanced makes no difference.

I wonder if this may be members spam traps....

Is there anything related to the forum system it could be ?
Is there a log of emails sent by the php system ?

Thanks

SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

if it is sending to some and not to others, then yes... I am fairly certain that the mail is getting sent - it is just not getting received.

There's not much you can do about that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

Thanks Kindred.
Seems to be the same members not recieving.
SMF 2.0.12

Deaks

iain do you still need assistance? if so please update us to what you have tried.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

iain sherriff

Thanks for the follow up  :)

I took Kindred's reply as meaning that if any mails go they all go..........on that basis I have assumed members not recieving have spam traps/whatever that are stopping the mails.
I have sent more test mails and a few (not many as a %) members who DID get registration mails do not get newsletter mails.

So overall I haven't moved forward really  :o
SMF 2.0.12

Advertisement: