News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag

Started by dougiefresh, December 10, 2014, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

Quote from: Gryzor on April 19, 2016, 02:44:36 AM
Quote from: guyfriendly on April 18, 2016, 08:59:43 PM
Works good here, but the default video size is too big and covers the whole thread.  Any idea how to make them default?

Go to the settings in the Admin panel, you can set the width and height there (default is 'responsive')

Where are these settings, please?   :-\

Grammy

Quote from: Grammy on July 12, 2016, 08:25:57 AM

Where are these settings, please?   :-\

Never mind...  I was trying to find them while on my iPhone, sitting in a doctor's office.  Not exactly optimal viewing.  I'm back now, and found them. 

CiTyBlUe

Hi, hope you can help, we have your mod installed and it's embedding youtube vids fine but custom start and end times aren't working?

We are running on smf 2.0.11

petb

Hello,

got no error/warning while installing at 2.0.11.

But curious,
it works as long as i am in post edit mode and preview the post.
But after saving the post i will see:
QuoteNot Found

The requested URL /
was not found on this server.
...instead of the video.

Open the post for edit again and preview it,
the video is shown and can be played :o
...saving again... only showing the error message within the post.

Hope somebody can help investigating.

Maybe it was a conflict with another mod, but i cant find out which one.
....i don't know at which specific smf file i have to look at to investigate.

dougiefresh

Quote from: CiTyBlUe on August 12, 2016, 05:32:12 PM
Hi, hope you can help, we have your mod installed and it's embedding youtube vids fine but custom start and end times aren't working?
I've tested both the start and end parameters to see if they work.  They work fine for me.  You can use either the numeric seconds format, for example 60 to start/end at 60 seconds into the video; or you can use the minutes:seconds format, for example 1:00...

Quote from: petb on August 13, 2016, 11:35:32 AM
Hello,

got no error/warning while installing at 2.0.11.

But curious,
it works as long as i am in post edit mode and preview the post.
But after saving the post i will see:
QuoteNot Found

The requested URL /
was not found on this server.
...instead of the video.

Open the post for edit again and preview it,
the video is shown and can be played :o
...saving again... only showing the error message within the post.

Hope somebody can help investigating.

Maybe it was a conflict with another mod, but i cant find out which one.
....i don't know at which specific smf file i have to look at to investigate.
I can't reproduce this bug report.....

petb

Thank you for the answer.

Can you tell me the differnece between the preview in post/edit mode and the normal view?

Which php files are involved in the two different views?
Maybe i can find an issue with an other mod.

dougiefresh

I believe the normal posting view happens in Display.php and Display.template.php, while the Post Preview happens in Post.php and Post.template.php.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.0 - September 14th, 2016
o Added buttons for the yt_user and yt_search bbcodes.
o Added minute:second validation to start and end parameters.

benf

Hi, i have a blank page after update of the mod and the forum is always visible but unusable. i have reinstall it manually but same problem.
website adress : frenchenigmaforum.com
smf version: 2.0.11
mod used :    Tinyportal 1.2R3
                    Ultimate menu 1.0
                    Freichat 1.0
                    Embed Facebook BBCode 3.3
                    Soundcloud BBcode 1.7
                    Voter Visibility 2.1
                    Stop Spammer 2.3.9
                    Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag 3.11
SMF 2.0.11

benf

SMF 2.0.11

dougiefresh

@benf: Sorry, just saw your post!  I couldn't duplicate your bug report, so I'm almost sure that it isn't this mod....  However, could you share the YouTube URL that you were using?  I might be able to duplicate it if I had that....

WallyM

Hi, does this mod support HTML 5? Will browsers that have ditched Flash, like Opera on Android, be able to display videos with this mod?

dougiefresh

Quote from: WallyM on September 21, 2016, 06:11:19 PM
Hi, does this mod support HTML 5? Will browsers that have ditched Flash, like Opera on Android, be able to display videos with this mod?
This mod uses an iframe to load the YouTube video URL.  This mod does not use Flash explicitly, nor does it use the <video> html tag.  However, your browser SHOULD decide whether to use Flash (if present) or HTML5 to play the video.  I have no control over which one it uses to play the video.

WallyM

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 21, 2016, 09:19:07 PM
This mod uses an iframe to load the YouTube video URL.  This mod does not use Flash explicitly, nor does it use the <video> html tag.  However, your browser SHOULD decide whether to use Flash (if present) or HTML5 to play the video.  I have no control over which one it uses to play the video.
Can you point me to some web sites that use your mod,  so I  can see?

dougiefresh

Quote from: WallyM on September 22, 2016, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: dougiefresh on September 21, 2016, 09:19:07 PM
Can you point me to some web sites that use your mod,  so I  can see?
I personally cannot, primarily because I don't know (or care) who uses my mod.  My personal website is down at the moment.  Anybody out there wanna volunteer?

Jeare

Hello,

First of all, great mod, and thank you for making it.

I have a bit of a problem that I could use some help with. When I have this mod installed, anyone who posts a link to youtube in my site's shoutbox gets the
. Without the mod installed, it would just have the word Link, and it would link to the url posted. Currently, it does not show the video, nor does it convert it to a link. Is there a way to have this mod ignore the shoutbox completely?

dougiefresh

Quote from: Jeare on October 24, 2016, 12:14:20 AM
I have a bit of a problem that I could use some help with. When I have this mod installed, anyone who posts a link to youtube in my site's shoutbox gets the
. Without the mod installed, it would just have the word Link, and it would link to the url posted. Currently, it does not show the video, nor does it convert it to a link. Is there a way to have this mod ignore the shoutbox completely?
Which mod runs your shoutbox?  Is it a paid or free mod?  Or is a custom work?

Jeare

I believe it is the one that comes with SimplePortal.

dougiefresh

I added a little bit of code to skip the embedding stuff for the SimplePortal shoutbox.  Try the attached version and tell me if it solves the problem.

Jeare

It seems to have worked. Thank you so much!

Advertisement: