Upgrade successful from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 then stuck

Started by helphelphelp44, December 11, 2014, 01:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helphelphelp44

I originally installed 2.0.4 and noticed just a week ago that updates were available. So in Package Manager, I updated to 2.0.5. Then, I clicked on the link in  "A few security vulnerabilities and bugs in SMF 2.0.5 have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum." This is what I have now, see first screen shot: FireShot Screen Capture #045.png

However, when I tried to "[ Install Mod ] " the "SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update" package, I got the following error message:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

What do I do now?

Kindred

confirm that your packages directory has a temp subdirectory and that both packages and temp and chmod 755
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

If that makes no difference, get your host to give you full ownership of your files. Whilst you're at it, you might as well get them to  disable the CrAp that is "mod_security", too. ;)

helphelphelp44

Hmmm.. new issue. I deleted and uninstalled the previous update so ignore the first post. I went back to the original 2.0.4. Then I clicked the "A few security vulnerabilities in SMF 2.0.4 have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum." link and I have     SMF 2.0.5 Update installed, see screenshot.

However, how do I now update to 2.0.6? It still says "A few security vulnerabilities in SMF 2.0.4 have been fixed." with the link to the already installed 2.0.5?

Kindred

it would seem that you have one of those silly hosts....

basically, SMF did the tests confirmed that the code was correct and it had the sufficient permissions... however when the changes were applied, your host's server settings rejected the saved file and thus undid the changes.

Have a talk with your host about chown and chmod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

helphelphelp44

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2014, 08:01:30 PM
it would seem that you have one of those silly hosts....

basically, SMF did the tests confirmed that the code was correct and it had the sufficient permissions... however when the changes were applied, your host's server settings rejected the saved file and thus undid the changes.

Have a talk with your host about chown and chmod.

What specifically should I say? BTW, I deleted/uninstalled the 2.0.5 update THEN applied it again to get the latest screenshot (hope that was clear).

kat

This, basically:

Quote from: K@ on December 11, 2014, 02:38:30 PMget your host to give you full ownership of your files. Whilst you're at it, you might as well get them to  disable the CrAp that is "mod_security", too. ;)

Advertisement: