News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

New Smiley Set Not Showing

Started by newtoallthis, December 13, 2014, 08:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newtoallthis

I created a new directory 'Christmas' in the Smileys directory using cPanel. Then uploaded smileys with the same names as the default set. The new smileys were set as default and can be viewed when the new set is edited. But, the new set isn't showing on the forum even after emptying my browser's cache. Help appreciated.
SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

Illori

if you go to current theme in the admin panel, does your theme has its own set of smileys defined?

newtoallthis

No it didn't. Now it does. Job sorted. Thank you very much.  :)
SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

Almeria Food

Hi, I am new on here as I have just taken over a forum. I too am having problems showing the Christmas Smileys 1.1 from the "Smileys of the Moment". I have a default set of smileys which show up, can I not have both displayed?

newtoallthis

Rather than start a new thread, it seems sensible to keep this here.

Further to my original problem of a Christmas smiley set not showing in open forum, this set will now not go!

In Forum>Smileys and Message Icons>Settings I have ticked "New Smileys" as the default smiley set and Saved the changes.

In Smiley Sets, "New Smileys" are confirmed as the new default and viewing this smiley set confirms it is the desired collection.

But the forum has for a couple of days (and still does) shows the Christmas Smileys?
SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

Illori

Quote from: Illori on December 13, 2014, 08:45:56 AM
if you go to current theme in the admin panel, does your theme has its own set of smileys defined?

you set that smiley set for your theme? if you change it to use default the issue will never return as you have a default set defined.

newtoallthis

Understood thanks. Global default now set. Problem solved.
SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

Advertisement: