Newly upgraded 2.0.9 site

Started by SergeantAsh, December 13, 2014, 09:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergeantAsh

All,

I have just updated my 2.0 RC3 site to 2.0.9, its all working fine and I can post topics, however when trying to install packages, the web browser just sits with the 'working' icon rotating, then after around 2-3 minutes, the page refreshes and returns the error:

An Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

I am hosting with Dreamhost but on my own VPS with PHP 5.4 FastCGI

Any ideas?
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

SergeantAsh

I'd really appreciate help if anyone can suggest anything to fix this, my new site is now live but I'm unable to apply any packages due to this issue :(
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

kat

Curious... You could ask your host to edit php.ini to increase the timeout.

Is there anything relevant in your error log?

SergeantAsh

Quote from: K@ on December 13, 2014, 02:36:50 PM
Curious... You could ask your host to edit php.ini to increase the timeout.

Is there anything relevant in your error log?

Good idea, hadn't thought of that!

Upon inspecting the error log, I have this error:

http://www.website.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=PrettyUrls1.1.2.zip;pid=02: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
File: /home/clubcalibra/www.clubcalibra.com/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2831

SergeantAsh

Also, the same error for line 2830 - this error repeats many times in the error log for just one installation attempt.

SergeantAsh

Infact, I emptied the log and attempted installation of Pretty URLs, it caused the two above errors to loop over 2800 times in the error log!

Oh hang on...no its PAGES, its recorded over 100,000 errors just for one installation attempt!!

SergeantAsh

See attached error- the log was empty before attempting installation.

kat

Bit of advice... PrettyURLs can REALLY fukkup your forum... I wouldn't install it, myself, if you paid me to.

Got a different mad that you want, that you could try?

SergeantAsh

Quote from: K@ on December 13, 2014, 02:52:40 PM
Bit of advice... PrettyURLs can REALLY fukkup your forum... I wouldn't install it, myself, if you paid me to.

Got a different mad that you want, that you could try?

I've tried other packages as well, none will install and all prompt the same error. I'd been running pretty URLs for many years on the previous 2.0 RC3 and it was fine, its mandatory for good SEO really, I'm surprised that SMF hasn't got it OOTB yet!

Any other ideas? Bizarre this isn't it!

SergeantAsh

I have mod_security enabled, could that do it?

kat

Hmmm...

Those lines, in Subs-package.php... On a bog-standard install, those lines are:

$fp = fopen($real_file, 'rb');
while (!feof($fp))
$fwrite($output, fread($fp, 16384));
fclose($fp);

Are yours the same?

UGH! mod_security!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! KILL! KILL! KILL! :)

SergeantAsh

Quote from: K@ on December 13, 2014, 03:00:49 PM
Hmmm...

Those lines, in Subs-package.php... On a bog-standard install, those lines are:

$fp = fopen($real_file, 'rb');
while (!feof($fp))
fclose($fp);

Are yours the same?

UGH! mod_security!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! KILL! KILL! KILL! :)

Yeah, 2830 and 2831 are precisely:

while (!feof($fp))

I've turned off mod_security, it'll take 10 minutes to take effect, could that be the cause?

kat

It could well be. It's so crappy that I wonder why any host ever uses it. A lot of those that do and insist on doing so, often have it configured really badly.

I used to live in Essex and telling people that used to trip it, because of the last three letters of "Essex".

Dumb...

SergeantAsh

Quote from: K@ on December 13, 2014, 03:14:50 PM
It could well be. It's so crappy that I wonder why any host ever uses it. A lot of those that do and insist on doing so, often have it configured really badly.

I used to live in Essex and telling people that used to trip it, because of the last three letters of "Essex".

Dumb...

Lol - disabled it and now its working! Thanks for your help, good man!!

kat

Any time! (Unless I'm asleep, or summat). :)

Advertisement: