News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[HELP] i need the code for SMF 2.0.9

Started by xB420WA, December 13, 2014, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xB420WA

title says it all i have tried this method, but something went wrong when i go in any topic, this code doesn't support any other characters, the characters changed to Mark symbol like that "?"

kat

Well, it wouldn't work with SMF v2. That thread was for SMF v1, If you're using v2, you might try removing this:

// Show the member's primary group (like 'Administrator') if they have one.
if (!empty($message['member']['group']))
echo '

I've not tried that, though. So, remember to backup the file, first,, woncha?

Kindred

Sorry, but the title DOES NOT say it all...

You need WHAT code for 2.0.9?

And no k@.. Removing tgat code would be BAD ...  It would generate critical errors.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xB420WA

do i have to remove this code from my display.template.php file?
Quote from: K@ on December 13, 2014, 05:23:41 PM
Well, it wouldn't work with SMF v2. That thread was for SMF v1, If you're using v2, you might try removing this:

echo '

EDIT: this code is getting php erros

Bigguy

xB420WA

i just wan't remove this group (like 'Administrator') name on post or profile

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I think if you change administrator as your secondary group, it won't shows to public in both display or profile.

xB420WA

nah i didn't change/create the group same as "Default Admin" group
Quote from: ahrasis on December 14, 2014, 04:15:09 AM
I think if you change administrator as your secondary group, it won't shows to public in both display or profile.

xB420WA

K@ when i removes this code from Display.template.php///
Quote from: K@ on December 13, 2014, 05:23:41 PM

echo '

after saving and clicking on any topic then this error shows in the page

kat

Yeah, Kindred said that might happen. I wasn't sure. As I said, I'd not tried it and made sure to get you to backup, first.

Busy, today. I'll have a look, later, if I get the chance. :)

xB420WA

the topic has solved

EDIT: i have done that from my smf database

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Tisot on December 14, 2014, 05:58:11 AM
the topic has solved

EDIT: i have done that from my smf database

Really?! I was thinking you just want to hide your admin position which can be done by putting it as secondary.

Kindred

Done it from your database?   What exactly did you do?   Because if you did what I suspect that you did... You have likely now screwed up your entire forum.

To stop the administrator title from being displayed, all you have to do is set the admin membergroup as a secondary group.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Only thing I can think of, is he deleted the Administrator group.... Not good at all, and I hope he did a backup first.

Arantor

That's likely... though interestingly the consequences are not actually as dire as people would assume.

Things like permissions are hard coded for group 1, so it's mostly cosmetic. However I'd note that the OP has a habit of not listening to advice from us.

Burke ♞ Knight

Of course the OP wont listen to us. We are the ones with the experience with SMF, coders and devs and people that have been here for years. Surely we would not know a danged thing compared to him. ;)

Advertisement: