SMF Recaptcha Plugin Updated to Work With Latest Google API - The Checkbox

Started by own3mall, December 15, 2014, 02:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

own3mall

Hey Guys,

My forum was seeing some crazy registration patterns by bots who could get by all the questions & answers, the vertical placement test, and more.  So, I decided to modify the recaptcha plugin for SMF to use the latest google recaptcha API.  https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html

It appears to be working correctly.

I'll see if I can modify everything in the latest recaptcha plugin package to use my changes.  Then, if I have the author's original consent, I plan to release it, or he can do it.  It was pretty easy to change and operates with the same stored settings in the database.

own3mall

With permission from 青山 素子, this is an unofficial release for anyone that wants it.

Use package manager to install it.  Works on SMF 1.1.x and 2.x

Nodaz

I donwloaded the RECPTCHA package, but when i try to upload it i get :
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.
smf 1.1.20

Kindred

it is recommended that you upload mod submissions to the SMF customize/mod site so they can be reviewed
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

own3mall

I tried it again on SMF 2.x.  It worked just fine.  I'll test it again on 1.1.x when I get home.  I have more 1.1.x forums running this than 2.x.

own3mall

I think I fixed it for both SMF 1.1.X and SMF 2.X.  I think 7-zip on my Windows PC is nuts... anyways, I tested this version on both SMF 1.1.X and SMF 2.X

Could you please try it again Nodaz?  Sorry about that, I'm not sure why it said it was corrupted, but I repacked it and tried again.  It works this time for me on both version.  Again, this is unofficial which is why I haven't submitted it to the SMF team.  I'm waiting for the original author to officially update his package. 

MadMick

Ok, so I downloaded this and tried to install it, no go, error in templates. So I downloaded the official reCaptcha 0.9.9 and got the same error, however it came with manual instructions and so I installed it that way. Now its asking for keys and when I click on the link provided, I got a 404 page not found error, ****** hot  ::).

Any suggestions?.
Regards,

Mick.

AHN Moderators - Can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you"

moyack

Just o inform this pack works fine in 2.0.15 and connects properly with reCaptcha v2

Advertisement: