SMF Reset Password Is Not Sending E-mail

Started by aerolite, December 15, 2014, 10:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolite

I could successfully submit a reset password form including my e-mail address. I got this message using the reset feature "A mail has been sent to your email address. Click the link in that mail to set a new password."

Unfortunately, I don't get any e-mail for this. I had tried making a php script to test if php mail will work
<?php

$mail = mail("[email protected]", "wahahahahahaahahahahaa","I like spamming your inbox!!!", "From: Myself<[email protected]");

if(!$mail){
   echo 'mail is not sent!';
} else {
   echo 'mail is sent :-)';
}

?>

Dummy [email protected] got the e-mail with no problems.

In my Admin -> Maintenance -> Mail -> Settings

Those are things set in my settings.

Kindred

Does your forum send OTHER emails

B-day emails?
notifications of new PMs?
notifications of new responses in watched threads?
admin notification of new members?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aerolite

Just tried to send a warning to a dummy user, with option "Send a Notification:", and SEND EMAIL doesn't send a message either.

Deaks

aerolite, did you get this sorted?

Many of the bif email providers consider messages from forums as spam as they cant verify also try using the smtp option
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: