News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF & VLDpersonals

Started by smitch6, December 15, 2014, 10:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitch6

Hi had an smf forum for years
Just installed a vldpersonals dating software
Can anyone sort out a script that if someone registers on the vld site it automatically registers them on the smf forum

I don't want it the other way round as not everyone on my forum wants to be on the dating site.

Thanks
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

margarett

Well, I guess it should be possible, yet you need to edit your software's code (which we can't get without a license), then include SMF's API and then call its register user function.

Not a real integration, though (like, when a user logs in on the site it's also logged on the forum and the other way around) but it should work regarding the registration part, methinks...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smitch6

i have a licence :)

and they said that it can be done but they don't support it as they use other forums but i was willing to edit any code i want to get it to work :/

easier said than done when you know nothing about it

Kindred

What margarett is saying is that WE can not build a bridge without having a licensed copy...

Additionally, the private license structure might also prevent us from distributing a bridge
(basically, distributing a bridge from an open source script to a closed script is fraught with potential cross-license issues...)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Quote from: Kindred on December 16, 2014, 12:18:07 PM
What margarett is saying is that WE can not build a bridge without having a licensed copy...

Additionally, the private license structure might also prevent us from distributing a bridge
(basically, distributing a bridge from an open source script to a closed script is fraught with potential cross-license issues...)
^^ This. Thank you :)

What I mean is that it can be partially done more-or-less-easily (I supose, difficult to say without looking at the code), if you can find someone with the time to do it for you ;) But for YOU exclusively as it can't be distributed for the reasons pointed by Kindred.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smitch6

ok thanks :)

they do have bridges for other forum software that they said could possibly be adapted

but as you said yes you do need a licence to actually have it live on a website
but the code is fully editibly ie i am allowed to change it however much i want (if only i knew how lol )

Advertisement: