Convert only members from Xenforo 1.3.4 to SMF 2.0.9

Started by fotografo74, December 15, 2014, 12:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fotografo74

Hi,
It's possible convert only members from Xf to SMF?
Thanks

vbgamer45

The only issue is their password hashing is different and would have to add a special way to login using their old password.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

margarett

You can try the existing converter (not sure if it works with XF 1.3, it was developed for 1.2) and then delete the undesired content. Or edit the converter and remove the unnecessary steps ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

fotografo74

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 15, 2014, 02:28:23 PM
The only issue is their password hashing is different and would have to add a special way to login using their old password.
Quote from: margarett on December 15, 2014, 02:45:22 PM
You can try the existing converter (not sure if it works with XF 1.3, it was developed for 1.2) and then delete the undesired content. Or edit the converter and remove the unnecessary steps ;)
Thanks to all :)
The problem is that i installed new SMF forum in new database...
Maybe i can try export SMF database and import in the existing Xf database?

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

fotografo74

I just imported members from XF database :)
Can i stop the process now ( i want import only members) or the next steps are mandatory?
Thanks

fotografo74

fotografo74

Ok, i need only step 1 :)
Now, i imported my XF members but:
how assign the members to Regular members usergroup?
Thanks

margarett

You need to login to SMF and run the maintenance tasks ;)
Anyway, looking at the code, the users should already have id_group = 0, which puts them in Regular Members

fotografo74

Quote from: margarett on December 16, 2014, 06:11:45 AM
You need to login to SMF and run the maintenance tasks ;)
Anyway, looking at the code, the users should already have id_group = 0, which puts them in Regular Members
Thanks!

fotografo74

Other little question: now the imported members have post numbers different by zero. How can i set to zero the post numbers of all members?

margarett

For that you need to go to phpmyadmin, table smf_members. Then go to SQL tab and run the following:
UPDATE smf_members
SET posts = 0

(if your prefix isn't "smf_", change it accordingly ;) )
Do note, you might need to edit one of your post count membergroups so that every user is reassigned correctly, after you do this ;)

fotografo74

Quote from: margarett on December 16, 2014, 06:28:41 AM
For that you need to go to phpmyadmin, table smf_members. Then go to SQL tab and run the following:
UPDATE smf_members
SET posts = 0

(if your prefix isn't "smf_", change it accordingly ;) )
Do note, you might need to edit one of your post count membergroups so that every user is reassigned correctly, after you do this ;)
Yes, it worked!
Thanks @margarett :)

margarett

Great :)

I'll mark this as solved for you, let us know if you need further help ;)

Advertisement: