News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

After upgrading to 2.0.9 problems with statistics and often 502 Bad Gateway error

Started by Vovan, December 17, 2014, 07:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vovan

After I have upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 statistics are not calculating showing zeroes everywhere but in Total Views.
Members report having 502 Bad Gateway error when posting messages and also at registration.
When rolling back to 2.0.8 everything works OK.
After reinstalling 2.0.9 mistakes are appearing again. No mistakes during installation process reported.
Any ideas?

Night09

Did you try running database maintenance and recounting all forum totals to see if the numbers return to normal?

The 502's could have just when you were doing the upgrade ect or just out of date cookies or cached files interfering.

Vovan

Tried everything on maintenance: no mistakes, cash cleared, logs deleted. When recalculating stats figures remain the same.
502 pops out on any action in database.  On posting, making any alteration to personal data, etc.
Only after refreshing the page the normal view already with amendments returns.
For example today I deleted over 30 new members (not activated - like reported in other topics I have 30-50 new not activated new members every day during last 4-5 days) So when I hit 'delete' 502 appeared with white screen. After refreshing normal view returned with new members deleted.
Yesterday once again rolled back to version 2.0.8 and ran the forum for several hours on it. New posts and 1 new registration done within this period reflected in stats. After returning to 2.0.9 same problems....

kat

Tried a different browser?

Checked your error logs?

I suspect you're getting timeouts, which you'll need to speak to your host about.

Vovan

I`m on Mac with Safari. Just tried Mozilla Firefox from notebook - same results.
Nothing special in error logs - just unverified e-mails, attempts to login and the like.
If this is a host issue than it`s starting only with 2.0.9
Were there any changes/ amendments to stats calculations in 2.0.9?

margarett

Not really, no...
SMF 2.0.9                                                        October 1 2014
===============================================================================

September 2014
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! SMF tries to stick ORDER BY NULL onto INSERT IGNORE queries containing sub-selects with a GROUP BY statement, causing a database error (Reported by guest)
! "Show Results" button always shown for polls as long as you can vote in them (Reported by Chainy)
! Multi-select boxes for settings were broken when no value had been selected (Reported by Suki)
! Some mail providers screw up the activation link (Reported by NanoSector)
! PHP 5.4 changes default charset to UTF-8, which can cause problems with search results and PM notification emails (Reported by fun4us)
! Make sure opcode cache gets cleared when regular cache does
! Log pruning should only delete closed mod reports, not open ones
! Fix layout issue with manage permissions page (Reported by Antes)
! Adjust image check to not fail on "cellTextIsHtml", unless paranoid... (Reported by Arantor)
! Sanitize all package XML to prevent any XSS attacks (Reported by Arantor)
! Add session check when previewing posts to prevent XSS via [html] from forged forms (Reported by emanuele)
! Sanitize maintenance mode title to prevent XSS attacks if HTML is used in it (Reported by guest)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

Just a hunch... You say that you've emptied the cache. You've emptied both your browser's cache AND the forum's cache?

Arantor

Vovan

I have cleared cache from forum maintenance board several times with no effect
Do you mean that I should clear cache somehow from the server via ftp? If yes please advise how?

What I noticed is that any task from forum maintenance board runs successfully showing the result (like no mistakes, done, cleared etc) but when trying to recount forums and stats I have 502 Gateway...

Herman's Mixen

serversettings --> cache --> turn off

see if that helps ;)

forum caching is not needed, as most hosters has some caching already running into php or serverside
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Vovan

That really made the trick!
Recalculating statistics does not restore the period since upgrading to 2.0.9 but everything works fine now!
Thanks a lot!
FYI in serversettings --> cache --> I had "lelvel 1 (recommended)"  changed to "turn off"

Advertisement: