News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Setting up new board- Member permissions not working for me

Started by Rick_L, December 17, 2014, 02:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_L

Hi;

I have set up a new 2.0 board that will have different levels of discussion something like a rank.
So for example, I only want guest to be able to read instructions to become a regular member and nothing else.

Then at a higher level, lets say for example I need a board for only corporals. They can read everything in their group and anything for the regular members.

Then I want a higher board for lets say, sergeants. They can read everything on their board and only the board for regular members. Not what corporals are discussing.

I have read the manual and still can not see the way to make this restriction work even though I manage another SMF 1.0 board

When I log in using a new account as a new member and try to test the restrictions, I see everything and can comment anywhere.

What am I missing? Thanks .

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: