News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

System crashed

Started by Limpy, December 17, 2014, 06:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limpy

I get this error when I try and connect to my forum page..
QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare loadSession() (previously declared in /home/dfwss23/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php:2326) in /home/dfwss23/public_html/smf/Sources/Session.php on line 90

I have tried to reinstall and yet nothing has worked..

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Chris

Arantor

Limpy

I'm not for sure(I can't remember).. I'm not sure, its probably around 2.0.9 or something around there..

Arantor

See, that's the part that's confusing me, because there is no Session.php file in 2.0, only in 2.1, but if you have half a 2.0 and half a 2.1 installation mangled together you would get this error...

Limpy

Yes.. It's been awhile since I have been in the admin panel..

When I delete the sessions.php in the source folder, I get this error..

QuoteWarning: require_once(/home/dfwss23/public_html/smf/Sources/Session.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dfwss23/public_html/smf/index.php on line 90

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/dfwss23/public_html/smf/Sources/Session.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dfwss23/public_html/smf/index.php on line 90

Guess, I could just delete everything, reinstall and then try to update again.

Arantor

That definitely sounds like you have parts of 2.1 smooshed together with 2.0... it would really help to know how you installed this and what you've done to it lately.

Limpy

I didn't do anything really.. I logged on to the forum today and seen the error message above.. Couldn't log in and see what version I had, so I just updated to the latest version.

Arantor

Yeah.... *how* did you do these things? I can't help you without details.

Limpy

I logged in to my site..

Got the error

Logged into the ftp

and updated that way

Arantor

Updated with what files exactly?

Limpy

2.0.9 LARGE update zip file.. Everything

Arantor

I'm sorry but you didn't upload everything from it, or if you did, you didn't actually overwrite the files on your server - because your index.php file was requesting Session.php which does not exist in SMF 2.0.9. SMF 2.0.9's index.php does not ask for that file, meaning you have a 2.1 file there...

Limpy

Okay, I gotcha..

I'm going to delete everything and reinstall everything and then update it and start off fresh..

This board is only about 5 years old.

Thanks for your patients with me and quick response

Advertisement: