News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

This is STRANGE !!!

Started by levely, December 17, 2014, 06:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I was hoping you'd be running the query periodically so I can start assembling a list of such things ;)

Night09

The D in question can be created in a few ways from what I see:

Unicode Hexadecimal: 0x13A0
Unicode Decimal: 5024
UCS-2 Hexadecimal: 0xA013
UCS-2 Decimal: 40979
HTML Hexadecimal: Ꭰ
HTML Decimal: Ꭰ

Source: http://www.unicodemap.org/details/0x13A0/index.html

Im noticing a struggle to get the HTML ones to show even in code quotes

Arantor

And there's even more ways than that :(

Night09

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2014, 08:00:50 PM
And there's even more ways than that :(
Its hard because in different countrys those letters are required or some forms of them.

levely

I modified my last post and I wasn't sure if you saw it.

Quote from: levely on December 17, 2014, 07:51:41 PM
It appears to be the Cherokee alphabet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee_syllabary

Ꭰ Ꭱ Ꭰ Ꭲ Ꭱ Ꭳ Ꭰ Ꭲ Ꭴ Ꭱ Ꭳ Ꭵ Ꭲ Ꭴ Ꭶ Ꭳ Ꭵ Ꭷ Ꭴ Ꭶ Ꭸ Ꭵ Ꭷ Ꭹ Ꭶ Ꭸ Ꭺ Ꭷ Ꭹ Ꭻ Ꭸ Ꭺ Ꭼ Ꭹ Ꭻ Ꭽ Ꭺ Ꭼ Ꭾ Ꭻ Ꭽ Ꭿ Ꭼ Ꭾ Ꮀ Ꭽ Ꭿ Ꮁ Ꭾ Ꮀ Ꮂ Ꭿ Ꮁ Ꮃ Ꮀ Ꮂ Ꮄ Ꮁ Ꮃ Ꮅ Ꮂ Ꮄ Ꮆ Ꮃ Ꮅ Ꮇ Ꮄ Ꮆ Ꮈ Ꮅ Ꮇ

Arantor

I'm trying to see the ones you actually get from spammers to build up a profile of what the spammers are doing... not just a hypothetical list...  ;)

Night09

Quote from: Arantor on December 17, 2014, 08:40:24 PM
I'm trying to see the ones you actually get from spammers to build up a profile of what the spammers are doing... not just a hypothetical list...  ;)

Sorry I corrupted the OP's brain with a mission! :P ;)

Arantor

Well, I'm thinking about doing a paid security suite mod for SMF which this could be part of, you see... but I would so much rather get actual profile data rather than guessing...

Hristo

The security questions I use are mix of Cyrillic and similarly looking Latin characters. I'm doing that as an obstacle for Google translate, so unless you know the language the questions are in it will be hard to even understand the question no matter how simple it is. I know this could bring some other problems, like for those who use screen readers, but some of the questions would sound nearly the same because often the characters not only look same, but they are pronounced similarly.
Here are most of the look-alike pairs of characters between Cyrillic and Latin:

А-A
а-a
е-e
Е-E
у-y
Р-P
р-p
о-o
Т-T
Н-H
Х-X
х-x
С-C
с-c
В-B
М-M
similar, but not exactly same
к-k
К-K

Font type could play a role too.

Deaks

levely is this still happening? I have marked this as solved as their has been no update from yourself on the topic if you feel this is wrong please let us know what you have tried since.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: