[Custom] Hell Forum

Started by Deaks, December 17, 2014, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

So I am making a custom theme for a friend, he wanted unique, so what I have done is remove the on off on2 redirect icons, and with some code that Arantor provided me with something quite simple.  The color of windowbg2 changes if their is a new post or not

.newpost
{
background: #19130b;
}
.childpost
{
background: #200b0b;
}
.redirectboard
{
background: #15191b;
}

Here is a screenshot of it in action dont worry about the rest im still working on it.

What are peoples thoughts?  Their will be no live demo sorry.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ARG01

What a coincidence. I just did this on a custom test theme about a week ago. Yours look good so far.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Antechinus

Yeah that's simple enough to do, but then how do you get to the list of unread posts in that board? Unless I'm missing something, you seem to be keeping the visual indication but removing the access functionality.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Antechinus

Oh ok. Missed that. Ok, so what's the advantage? It's removing the icons but cluttering the first cell, which already has heaps of crap in it anyway (board name, long and rambling board descriptions that admins love to use, list of moderators, list of child boards, unapproved indicators, etc) and the link you're using takes up more space that the icons AFAICT.

If you want to do it this way, why not use the conditional to only display the link if there actually are new posts? Having it display all the time with (if any) after it seems pointless.

Deaks

ant I posted this topic 10 days ago, the theme has been worked on since then, its also likley to never be seen by anyone on here except for what I want you to see :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

That doesn't answer my questions.

Antechinus

Deaks

I answered it fine for me ... you have to find the answer in what I said :P

and i did ask 10 days ago :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

Well aren't you lucky that I finally found the thread? :D

Deaks

not really ... I forgot about the thread ... you know me forgetful :P

A screenshot to show the update (just to keep Ant happy)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Deaks

So spent some time today polishing this off, after seeing the band play a few weeks ago (I was only going about what I was told about them in first design) and then refreshing myself with some youtube video's I felt that the design I had made didnt do them justice, and a fan site should really do the band justice, so I reworked the header.  If you watch the band the lead singer is quite good and owning the audience just with his eyes, with stares and quick glances, felt that needed to be used more.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

They look like a cheerful bunch. :D

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ARG01

Strange looking bunch, but I like the music.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Bloc

For that kind of music I would pulled out all the stops on the graphic header I think. Those eyes..! (contact lenses for sure, but its working)   

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Bloc

Would be pretty interesting if they were not lol. :D

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: