Weird SMF Who's Online names are backwards lol

Started by Alex10455, December 18, 2014, 08:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex10455

Their names show backwards , some shows backwards and some shows normal.

If I decide to copy and paste a backward name , it appears in its correct order.

What should we do to solve this mysterious bug  :o?

Shambles

It's almost as if at least one of those online members has a name created using RTL, affecting the whole division.

Like the one before m4ercS|5C

Arantor

Indeed, that's exactly what it looks like - and it's actually the empty space between the commas, though I would wonder how that got in there because that gnerally shouldn't be possible.

Alex10455

Night09

Illori

Quote from: Night09 on December 19, 2014, 02:02:06 PM
Is that pic old? the date is over a year out.

that date is the most online, which is not recent.

Night09

Quote from: Illori on December 19, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

I was wondering how long it had been happening tbh, Is it all the time or only when certain members are online?  Can suspect names be changed in the profile to hidden to narrow it down?

Alex10455

Quote from: Night09 on December 19, 2014, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: Illori on December 19, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

I was wondering how long it had been happening tbh, Is it all the time or only when certain members are online?  Can suspect names be changed in the profile to hidden to narrow it down?

This started happening around July - August , the bug last for about 1 month or so and it only came back recently.

Most likely it happens when certain members are online because the screenshot I took above was taken less than 3 minutes ago and the list seems alright.

I'll see if I am able to disable the change name option for a while and start narrowing down names.

Deaks

Alex10455, as you have not posted in almost a month regarding this I have marked this as solved, if you need assistance further can you update us to what else you have tried since.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: