Importing DB receive Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'

Started by Eskimo151, December 18, 2014, 03:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eskimo151

I have two installs, both 2.0.9. I am migrating from one to the other. ServerA is the stable install that has users and activity, serverB is the new fresh install that appears to work fine before the import.

I backed up the db from serverA with webMin and import it to serverB with phpMyAdmin with success. However, smf gives me Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list' on serverB.

Eskimo151

FIXED

Turns out importing the CORRECT db is important. Trying to use the old v1.1.20 structure fails for glaringly obvious reasons. The newer backups were in a different dir than I was used to and I got all tunnel vision.

Make sure you check all the little things first, then search, then post.

Babblu0

So if I do use the large upgrade package will that remove all the mods regardless of errors and keep all the members and posts intact?

Kindred

1- clear language --   a package, in SMF terms is something that goes into the mod package manager -   the upgrade archive is not a package in that sense.

2- the upgrade will replace ALL files.  Unfortunately, it will not affect mods which  use hooks, so - if you have any of those, you may see some odd behavior until the hook is removed or the mod is reinstalled.

3- that is correct however... using the upgrade will NOT touch posts or members
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: