Newbie seeing Moderate page

Started by Empire KickAss, December 18, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empire KickAss

I check the permissions, and Change them and so on, but The newbie still can see the moderate page. Only Moderate sees that not members
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Arantor

What post count groups do you have?

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Arantor on December 18, 2014, 08:46:46 PM
What post count groups do you have?

Newbie       0   
Jr. Member    50   
Full Member    100   
Sr. Member    250   
Hero Member    500   
Supporter      1000   
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Arantor

Hmm.

So, go to the profile of the newbie who sees the moderate menu, go to the permissions page, what permissions do they have? (Please just list all the permissions, not just the ones you think might be relevant)

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Arantor on December 18, 2014, 09:01:04 PM
Hmm.

So, go to the profile of the newbie who sees the moderate menu, go to the permissions page, what permissions do they have? (Please just list all the permissions, not just the ones you think might be relevant)
for the Newbie, it's listed here

View forum statistics   
Help   View the memberlist and groups   
Help   View Who's Online   
Help   Search for posts and topics
View Downloads
Download File
Add Download   
Help   Edit own Download   
Rate Downloads
Help   Edit own Comment   
Report Downloads/Comments
View SMF Gallery   
Help   Add Picture
Rate Picture   
Help   Leave Comments   
Help   Edit own Comment   
Help   Report Pictures/Comments
Help   Add Comments
Read personal messages   
Help   Send personal messages
Upload an avatar to the server

there is an total of 37

Arantor

So what about the other permissions then? Like board related permissions? There's not 37 items there...

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Arantor on December 18, 2014, 09:25:06 PM
So what about the other permissions then? Like board related permissions? There's not 37 items there...

I check the settings and it's all good, The General Moderate board is not even been ticked. and still having the page showing up. Maybe need a little more help of what I need look for or an error in the database

Arantor

How about you stop trying to second guess what I'm asking for and provide what I'm actually asking for? More permissions than the obvious one give access to the moderation center, which is why I'm asking what permissions are actually being given to the user, not what you think is being given to the user.

I know SMF better than almost anyone else and if you don't provide me what I need to know, I cannot help you - and if I can't help you, it seems unlikely anyone else can. These 64,000 posts and the tens of thousands of lines of SMF code I've worked on aren't just for show.

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Empire KickAss on December 18, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
Quote from: Arantor on December 18, 2014, 09:25:06 PM

I check the settings and it's all good, The General Moderate board is not even been ticked. and still having the page showing up. Maybe need a little more help of what I need look for or an error in the database
Have an look at the images, list of Permissions that this members has.

Arantor

OK, that's strange.

What happens if the user who can see the moderate area clicks on it? Do they see anything?

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Arantor on December 18, 2014, 10:31:39 PM
OK, that's strange.

What happens if the user who can see the moderate area clicks on it? Do they see anything?
As shown in the images, The links work and they see it. I don't know if the other members group can see it as I only have one member in Newbie group.  See images in Attachments

Empire KickAss

strange indeed, I have looked allover and change settings, and still no luck

Update... Karma does not work for that group, I update soon 

Arantor

This is extremely weird, because that shouldn't happen with the permissions you have. None of the permissions added by mods should change the moderation centre either - and the usual cause is a messed up post count group.

There's also no extra groups attached to that user.

They're not board moderators or anything like that, are they?

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Arantor on December 19, 2014, 03:59:43 AM
This is extremely weird, because that shouldn't happen with the permissions you have. None of the permissions added by mods should change the moderation centre either - and the usual cause is a messed up post count group.

There's also no extra groups attached to that user.

They're not board moderators or anything like that, are they?

it is one hidden permission, in the files that are located on the server. Maybe you like to have an look for me. What files you want me to upload so that you can check

Arantor

What hidden permission, exactly? How did you determine it was a hidden permission?

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Arantor on December 19, 2014, 04:14:48 AM
What hidden permission, exactly? How did you determine it was a hidden permission?

its a permission that is only given to mod and admin in a certain bar  no memeber should be able to see that period, Been thought it all. It's an Error for you to work out... An  weird one alright

Empire KickAss

Is this right? Images in Attachments, this is one and only staff team.

I changed to another theme, and same thing. so it's nothing to do with the theme

Empire KickAss

Arantor

Quoteits a permission that is only given to mod and admin in a certain bar  no memeber should be able to see that period, Been thought it all. It's an Error for you to work out... An  weird one alright

You realise that the reason I asked you to show me the list of permissions for that user was specifically to rule this out, right?

So from your second screenshot, you have a user in the Global Moderator group and the Newbie group - this would give them access.

Is it all newbies or just one specific newbie?

Because to be honest everything you've told me and tried to second-guess what I'm asking you has made this *very* frustrating to diagnose and is why I left this topic for a bit of time until I had some time to re-read it and see if anything came to mind.

Empire KickAss

I have one Global Moderator and he is an newbie as well with only 5 posts. Other members are just newbie's with no other member-group Just the post counts group. and they see the Moderate pages, they don't see any currently logs or reports, it shows up blank. for the Global Moderator they see the full logs and reports

Advertisement: