News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Subs-Auth.php MALWARE DETECTED

Started by dusty225, December 18, 2014, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusty225

I just downloaded a fresh zip file of SMF 2.0.9 from simple hxxp:machines.org [nonactive].

I get to 80% Step 6: Admin Account and after clicking Continue, I get:

Warning: require_once(/*directoryomitted*/Sources/Subs-Auth.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /*directoryomitted*/install.php on line 1430

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/*directoryomitted*/Sources/Subs-Auth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /*directoryomitted*/install.php on line 1430

So I ftp into the Sources folder and sure enough Subs-Auth.php does not exist. So I re-upload the file and it is immediately deleted and the ftp server gives me the following message:

Command: STOR Subs-Auth.php
Response:   150 Accepted data connection
Response:   226-File successfully transferred
Response:   226-0.182 seconds (measured here), 138.36 Kbytes per second
Response:   226 *** MALWARE DETECTED ***
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 26594 bytes in 1 second

I cannot find any google results for this issue, anyone have any idea whats going on? My host is GoDaddy. Database and all installation up to 80% went correctly.

Thank you

Arantor

GoDaddy you say? Not surprising.

They have a number of 'security' checks in their servers that block perfectly legitimate code because it's 'similar' to malware. Like it uses some of the same underlying functions.

Only thing is, they won't ever talk to us about what it is we should change so it doesn't trip over their 'security'.

dusty225

Thank you Arantor,

I haven't been rejected by GoDaddy before when uploading files so this was new to me.

GoDaddys Apps manager in my hosting account settings has SMF 2.0.6 as an option to install.

I ran it and it was up and running within 10 minutes. It created a new database, I didn't have the option of using a specific database I had already setup. It did not appear to use the install.php I downloaded in the zip package earlier, I setup usernames and passwords/dbase password in a GoDaddy setup interface within my hosting account manager. When I ftp'd into the Sources directory of this particular install, the Subs-Auth.php file was present.

For now I guess this is the only way to have SMF on a GoDaddy server.

Thank you

Arantor

And it's 3 versions out of date for good measure :(

Biology Forums

If you're starting a community, I would suggest you build your website on a foundation that is solid, and that starts with a good host. Going with GDaddy is like building it on quick sand.

dusty225

Thank you Shuban,

Any recommendations on maybe the top 3 hosts? Thanks

Biology Forums

These guys will never give you trouble. While I no longer use their services, they were excellent and super helpful with everything.

https://ifastnet.com/portal/

Colin

I have had good luck with Linode and Digital Ocean, but those are unmanaged services.

There is also a shared hosting section here too you can have a look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=155.0
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: