News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.7: Issue with parent / child totals.

Started by MoreBloodWine, December 19, 2014, 10:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

Ok, so I havent done the most recent updates or I would be on 2.1 now hence the posting here.

Anyway, I'm working on a new layout that's created an interesting issue with child / parent totals.

http://www.eojmarket.com/index.php?action=forum

Please note the first category Playstation / Sony.

Well, the changes to the layout are meant to clean up the over all look of the main page but in doing so has cause the 0 "bug".

How can I fix this ?

Ty.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Kindred

no  bug...  it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

child boards are counted.
grandchild boards are not.

Since there are no posts in the main board and no posts in any of the child boards that I checked...  The first board level that had any posts was the grandchildren. Those show the correct count... and the child boards show the combined count of all of the grandchildren. the parent board - quite correctly, does not show any count.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Kindred on December 19, 2014, 10:20:13 PM
no  bug...  it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

child boards are counted.
grandchild boards are not.

Since there are no posts in the main board and no posts in any of the child boards that I checked...  The first board level that had any posts was the grandchildren. Those show the correct count... and the child boards show the combined count of all of the grandchildren. the parent board - quite correctly, does not show any count.
I didn't know what to call it other than a bug but how can I get it to consider grandchildren as well ?

The Playstation / Sony board is the first of the new layout but as I progress with the change I will have more 0 totals due to the grandchildren thing.

Ty.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Kindred

there is a mod to do it...   but it is very purposefully NOT done by the default system because the query is VERY expensive in terms of resources and is NOT recommended.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Kindred on December 19, 2014, 10:29:03 PM
there is a mod to do it...   but it is very purposefully NOT done by the default system because the query is VERY expensive in terms of resources and is NOT recommended.
Ty for that, I'll look for the mod and consider it carefully.

I have but one final question.

Show who is viewing the board index and posts:

That setting under themes I posted above, that's the one that adds the info in the parenthesis be it names or something like (1 member, 0 guests) right ?

Arantor

Not in the board index, no. That would be a mod since the default for that setting is to show it inside the board itself and in the topic itself, not on the list of boards for who is inside that board.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Arantor on December 19, 2014, 10:40:24 PM
Not in the board index, no. That would be a mod since the default for that setting is to show it inside the board itself and in the topic itself, not on the list of boards for who is inside that board.
Ty.

Advertisement: