News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Moderators edit calendar permission

Started by khigh, December 19, 2014, 10:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khigh

OK - the manual is just wrong or my install is broken or something.

It says there are calendar permissions under the permission tab, but there are not.

All I can find for calendar permissions are in Calendar settings, and they are only Administrator, Global Moderator, and Regular User? where do I put for board moderators to add calendar events for their boards?

What am I doing wrong? at this point it could be anything because I've turned my brain to mush going around in circles on this.

Thanks for looking.

Kindred

There most certainly ARE calendar permissions in the permissions section
Calendar    
View the calendar          
Create events in the calendar          
Edit events in the calendar
   Own events:          
   Any events:
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Considering that posting a new event into the calendar is not a board level permission, you can't restrict it the way you want without some complex coding, I think.

khigh

All right

I'm using a custom theme. I guess it broke it.

Thanks for looking.

Kindred

oh yeah....   right..

You can either allow users to create events or not. You can not limit one usergroup to one board and another usergroup to another board.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: khigh on December 19, 2014, 10:29:57 PM
I'm using a custom theme. I guess it broke it.

Which part of 'SMF's design does not support this' leads you to this conclusion?

khigh

OK - I spoke wrong

I wasn't trying to limit them to JUST their boards. I don't care about that.

Any board moderator could post a calendar event.

The broken part is that what the manual says is not jiving with what my eyes are seeing.

Arantor

I don't know what you're doing wrong but it's definitely there. This still wouldn't be broken by a custom theme however...

khigh

Yeah it's there for Regular Members, but not Moderators. And not from the global admin permissions where the manual says it's located.

I just duct-taped a hack together by making a new invisible secondary membergroup called "Board Moderators", adding all my moderators to it separately, and then giving that group the permission.

It seems to be working.

Arantor

It won't be there for moderators. It is not supposed to be available for moderators.

The moderator group is not a real group. You only get that group added to users when those users are inside boards. Consequently, only board permissions can be applied. Post to calendar is not a board permission, therefore it cannot be applied to the moderator group...

khigh

All right thanks,

That's starting to make a bit of sense now - I was just having a rough time with what I was seeing was "supposed" to be there not being there. It wasn't really clear that there was an excepted group - the one I wanted.

Sounds like I did it exactly the best possible way then.

Thanks for looking.

Arantor

Advertisement: