News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, December 20, 2014, 07:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

True, which is why I originally said:

Quote from: Burke ♞ Knight on March 01, 2015, 07:08:52 AM
That is why I personally, would like to see the likes system a little more advanced for 2.1, where can change to thanks/No-thanks if the admin wants.

So the admin could in the admin panel, just change the text.

live627

The language editor is good for that. :P

Arantor

Because you clearly have no idea how it is a drama magnet.

Steve

I agree. There's no way I'd put a dislikes/no thanks mod or use a built-in dislikes/no thanks function. It promotes negativity and causes hate and discontent. Why would anyone want to do that?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Burke ♞ Knight

I was mainly meaning, to be able to change from Likes to thanks, if admin wished for that instead.
As is, in 2.0, you can change the text for karma in core, so why not likes in 2.1?

Kindred

you can change the text to anything you want --- in the language files.  I see no need to make another admin setting for something like that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Burke ♞ Knight

Okay, easy for the likes of you and me. But we know it's not for everyone.
But hey, who cares, as long as there's people here to help them out... LOL :)

Arantor

Quote from: Burke ♞ Knight on March 02, 2015, 05:12:17 PM
Okay, easy for the likes of you and me. But we know it's not for everyone.
But hey, who cares, as long as there's people here to help them out... LOL :)

It's hardly difficult to use the language editor.

Burke ♞ Knight

It's hardly difficult to do a lot of what gets asked, too. ;)

Arantor

Careful, your presumptive arrogance is showing.

If every 'easy request' were taken up, SMF would take another 5 years to get a small release out. And even if it is small, that does not mandate that it should be done in any case.

Burke ♞ Knight

Never said it "should" just that would be nice if was there.
Big difference.

But, it's like I had done on my original Star Trek site, and yet to re-do, I changed a lot of the text, so all PM text was set to Trek text of communications, etc. :)

Sometimes, it's nice to go in and change some text strings, to make the sites more in tune to what they are about. :)

Arantor

Then it is handy to have an editor for everything, which we already have.

Burke ♞ Knight

I always thought people were told to manually edit the files, and not use the editor in admin panel.
Or is that just for template files?

Arantor

For template files, sure, because you don't get a backup - but the admin panel editor for language files is smarter than the template editor.

Burke ♞ Knight

Ahhhhh.... Okay. Just wanted to be sure. :)

Bruce the Shark

I think its a good idea having this Like feature added. No reason why not.
Assuming 2.1 has this feature inbuilt.
It give an overall understanding of what the user thinks.

Arantor

2.1 has likes built in.

Advertisement: