News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post Group not recounting

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, December 20, 2014, 08:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

Okay, I've made a new new member post group, that is set to 10 posts.
However, those that are still in the regular Newbie group are not being moved to the new group, and I know several of them have more than 10 posts.

I have tried forum maintenance and doing recount, but that has not done anything.
What do I need to do, to get those newbies with more than 10 posts into the post group that is set for 10 posts?

Kindred

Group membership is recounted when they list again....

This has been discussed about 4 times in the past week...  :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

margarett

When you edit the post count groups, everyone should be correctly "reallocated". It's kinda odd it didn't happened automatically when you created the group... Anyway, edit the group and save (even if you don't change anything), it should move the members ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Trust me, Bruno, Kindred is right, it doesn't...lol

However, it really should move them right away.
No idea why it has to wait for each member to post again.

Kindred

Because that is when their post count is recalculated and post count based group is rechecked...
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

Don't trust me, trust the code ;)

ManageMembergroups, function AddMembergroup
// Update the post groups now, if this is a post group!
if (isset($_POST['min_posts']))
updateStats('postgroups');

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burke ♞ Knight

Well, if that is in there, it's not working. ;)

margarett

Yup. It should, though. An example in my local test forum:

Before:

Added a new group and immediatelly the members are redistributed:

edit: I think it can be something cached. I don't see the cache being updated after the group is created and the updateStats function uses the cache (if available). That's why I suggested you edit any group, there the cache is updated ;)

Burke ♞ Knight

However, I had edited the group, and the other newbie group after, changing names, and still nothing changed in the counts.

EDIT: Now they seemed to have migrated. Unknown why, since had been off the site for last few hours....LOL

margarett

Try to delete your forum's cache then. If it's not that, then I don't know and something broke :P

Burke ♞ Knight

I had tried that, that was one of the first things I had tried....
I had even tried to run daily and weekly tasks right on the spot, in case that would help....LOL

However, like stated in edit of lasty post, after a few hours, they migrated....

margarett

It has to be cache. If not SMF's, any other cache in use in your server.

Arantor

It has been broken for some time ;)

margarett

Now you got me lost :P
What's broken? SMF or Burke? ;D ;D ;D

Burke ♞ Knight

Arantor

No comment.

SMF is definitely buggy in this regard.

margarett

Not questioning you, of course. But it always worked fine for me, that's why said full of trust that it works ;)

Burke ♞ Knight

That could be because your sites know that you'd kick the living daylights out of them, if they did not. :P

Advertisement: