News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email Notifications For New Topics

Started by rabend, December 20, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabend

I just installed an SM Forum on My website and it appears to be working, but I am not receiving emails for topics I post.  How do I set the default to be emails for all new posts for all users?

Thanks,

rabend

PS - I am not able to get email notifications working at all!

Kindred

1- you can not set all users to receive email notifications for new posts. That would be spam-like.

2- if you're not receiving any emails from your site -- check your mail configuration in SMF admin

also...

smf version?
mods installed?
Host?
URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rabend

Quote from: Kindred on December 21, 2014, 08:33:03 AM
1- you can not set all users to receive email notifications for new posts. That would be spam-like.

2- if you're not receiving any emails from your site -- check your mail configuration in SMF admin - email is set properly

also...
smf version 2.09
mods installed? None
Host? Arvixe
URL? hxxp:bobabend.com/qc [nonactive] It is being worked on

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rabend

I reinstalled it at : hxxp:bobabend.com/qc/forum/index.php [nonactive]  Thanks for any guidance.

Deaks

rabend do you still need help with this?  the link your provided no longer works and original site still displays no forum.

I have marked this as solved until you get back to us.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

rabend

Thanks for your reply. I never got a reply from "the mean one" and resolved the matter elsewhere. The link appears to be working at hxxp:bobabend.com/smf [nonactive] but let me know if you have trouble with it. I may have another problem.

Thanks again.

Deaks

yeh the new link works ... the mean one has alot on his plate being mean and all :D
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: