How to Disable All iframes in posts at a time

Started by airtetdotin, December 21, 2014, 01:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airtetdotin

My forum some of majority posts contains iframes i don't want to delete messages but want to block iframe using BBC Code, all frames posted by Admin account.

Arantor

Considering that iframes are not generally allowed, the only people who can would be admins by way of the html bbc.

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve here...

Kindred

and are you really trying to do this in the beta version 2.1 or did you post in the wrong section? What version of SMF are you using?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stmaxx

Sounds like a portal or mod issue. using HTML blocks. If you to many, that's something that should have been enforced early on, and if it copyrighted marital or ads script, that would be another issue! and they may not work outside the iframe!

if admins tell them to redo the post!

Not a SMF 2.1 issue as I can tell.

Kindred

What are you babbling about, stmaxx?

Has nothing to do with portals or html blocks...  The op is almost certainly referring to the html Bbcode used to add iframes into a post...
And the questions could be related to 2.1, since we still allow the html Bbcode...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stmaxx

You may have a just little more respect, just because your at the top here, does not give you right to disrespect me, I help many, many people out of trouble daily with the SMF, and many mods and themes from the start of smf, witch I love , but not so sure about shark attracts on everyone that post here.

Thank goodness we have people on other sites that treat people with respect when posting or asking! While you are giving everyone a hard time here, we are busy helping and with the treatment of human dignity!
You can say what you will, and I will continue to help those in need as always! You really need to chill, I've seen this so many time from you and others here... You don't know me!

If you do not know how to talk to people , you stay out of the public, your gonna sink this ship!

No matter if you ban me no one can say anything here anyway!

airtetdotin

All i did this

exported smf message table edited with notepad++ replaced <iframe src with empty space also after url code like width=100% height=545 </frame>.

now only url appearing in messages.

while i am exporting to sql an error message displayed phpmyadmin but all messages in smf forum working fine now.

stmaxx

If you need help on any of this, please PM me your URL and the page, and I'll try and see what can be done there are several ways to deal with the iframe,  If you are good with what you have done cool!

regards,
maxx

Oldiesmann

Quote from: airtetdotin on December 22, 2014, 01:44:39 AM
All i did this

exported smf message table edited with notepad++ replaced <iframe src with empty space also after url code like width=100% height=545 </frame>.

now only url appearing in messages.

while i am exporting to sql an error message displayed phpmyadmin but all messages in smf forum working fine now.

Why do you have iframe HTML in your messages to begin with? In a default installation those will not work except when used within the html bbcode tag, which is only usable by admins.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

stmaxx

I'm thinking they are asking how to prevent or stop admins from doing this?

QuoteMy forum some of majority posts contains iframes i don't want to delete messages but want to block iframe using BBC Code, all frames posted by Admin account.

and how to keep the content without the iframes, that are there already.

regards,
Maxx

Advertisement: