News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I know its on here somewhere, but where is the next question

Started by WeLikeTopGames, December 21, 2014, 03:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeLikeTopGames

I'm looking for the members legend bar that normally sits at the bottom of the forum, that show staff. also is there anyway I can add small images to it as well?

Arantor

I've never seen it done to include small images, but it certainly could be done with code depending on what you're actually trying to do. More details would be useful.

The basic form as shown on this site, though, is available from Admin > Configuration > Current Theme > Show group key on board index

WeLikeTopGames

Well its for a RSPS (Runescape private server) I was thinking of 16x16 small images of crowns a bit like this:

that should explain a lot more.

Arantor

Of course it can be done, it's just whether it's worth the various efforts to do since somewhere you will have to configure the group image, store the group image and then display it and then likely you'll want it against any member that is in that group and suddenly it becomes this huge complex leviathan of code whose tangles vastly outweigh any perceived benefits of it.

WeLikeTopGames

What if I was to pay someone to do this, how much would you say it would cost for such a code :o.

Arantor

WeLikeTopGames

Arantor

Yes, but *where*? Just displaying it at the footer is a small job, displaying it everywhere for members who are in those groups is a much larger job.

WeLikeTopGames

well I would like it to connect it to there post as well. I will pay a bit for.

But then again if it could be displayed at the bottom will be fine. I will pay but not as much if it was to connect everywhere else.

WeLikeTopGames

Advertisement: