News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to hide a paid subscription option from specific membergroups?

Started by Fabrice L, December 21, 2014, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabrice L

Hello,

I'm using the paid subscriptions mod on SMF 2.0.9 and just found an annoying problem with it.

I have the forum integrated with a game, using the primary usergroup to assign the ingame groups. That's where the problem comes in, since SMF doesn't support selecting what group you would like to show a main group on the forum I can't use secondary groups.

Now when a staffmember decides to pay $3.50, he loses his staffrights.

This is why I was wondering if someone knew how to make certain subscriptions invisible for a specific usergroup.

Arantor

There are mods for showing additional groups which would solve the problem, no?

Fabrice L

Quote from: Arantor on December 21, 2014, 05:29:03 PM
There are mods for showing additional groups which would solve the problem, no?

Tried some, most just show the group, but I need it to show the customized username colors and other styling

Kindred

well, if you have customized the system already -- yes, any mod for additional badges/groups is going to have to be similarly customized beyond its basic. Remember, mods are intended to install into a CLEAN copy of SMF. If you have mods which overlap each other - either you have to modify them to work together or you have to find someone to do it for you.

That being said...
1- You could assign staff members as a secondary group... that way, when the staff sign up for the subscription, it doesn't remove their access
2- you could make the subscription assign to a secondary group and not replace the primary.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: