[Paid] Filtering message index topics project...

Started by Biology Forums, December 21, 2014, 10:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Hello folks,

I want to add two knew filtration settings:

Button 1) shows unreplied topics (topics = 0 replies) + earliest date posted in.
Button 2)  shows topics with message icon accept.gif + earliest date posted in.

I want this filter to remain when you view page 2, 3, etc. When you click the button again, however, it will show the latest date posted in, rather than the earliest. Of course, when you enter a new board or exit the board, the filter is gone.

I know this requires a bit of back end query work. If someone is willing to do this for me, I will pay, just let me know what's fair.

Arantor

Kindred

why would you be doing any development on 1.1.x?   It will be officially end of life and out of support (in other words, we will stop supporting it, completely) when 2.1 is released.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Because I want to?

I will change the title of this thread to Paid.

Arantor

Good luck getting someone who can do this for you that won't make a mess of it (because this isn't easy to do efficiently at all) and will use 1.1... and of course will expect to be paid when you finally migrate to something that isn't unsupported.

Biology Forums

I do have two friends that can. Given it's the holidays I figured I would let them rest and start a project on my own. 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, I believe in the power of coding, and that you can do anything with MYSQL and PHP, so please fellas, cut the upgrading argument, it's getting old, just like 1.x ;) I'm going going to lock this thread...

* Shuban Was hoping Arantor with take the challenge... now that he's not interested, time to move on.

Arantor

I wouldn't take the challenge because I refuse to work on 8 year old code that's soon to be out of date and will not work properly on current servers - especially given that PHP 5.4 is going to be phased out before too much longer as well and SMF 1.x will not be upgraded to work properly on PHP 5.5.

Advertisement: