Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''brow' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expec

Started by sucre, December 22, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sucre

please how do i rectify this error as the smf have refused to install. it only shows Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''brow' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting ']' in /home3/sucre/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1083   what do i do. i ma using hostgaor and i am fairly new to all this

kat

Quote from: sucre on December 22, 2014, 05:18:17 AMi ma using hostgaor

Hostgator... You might want to ask them to disable the crap that is "mod_security".

Might be that.

It's entirely likely that they haven't given you full ownership of the files on your site, too. So, you might as well ask them to do that, whilst you're at it...

Shambles

I'm gonna guess the Subs.php file has become corrupted partway through line 1083 - possibly to the end of the file. If that IS the case there may well be other such corruptions in other files.

I'd reupload the package and retry the installation. Would be nice to see your current Subs.php file tho...

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: