Tidy Up Database 101 Help - 644MB SQL file - Looking for Table Cleanup

Started by DebtCow666, December 23, 2014, 02:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebtCow666

Objective: Move the site from subdomain.expireddomain to another domain/folder.

Overall Problem: Need to Copy/Replace old domain with new domain. So cant open in wordpad. notepad ++. DW CC 2014. File too big,large,memory, etc. So Find/Replace Capabilities are at a standstill.

Situation: File is 644MB of error messages blocked accounts and spam denies. So my question is which tables can i empty in the file. What should i search for - notepad only - to go from beginning of table to beginning of next table so i can erase in between. What accounts do i need to keep seeing i am the only one that matters. Majority of the posts are done by about 5 accounts that i care to make live. Roughly 200 good articles i want to rebegin with. What should i do? Looking at SQL splitter but unsure. How would you go about it? My overall plan of attack is to remove the Sorry, Guests .... messages... but not sure where the table begins or ends in notepad. Maybe keep the member section but have like 100ks members. most are probably spam bots. Over a billion lines and lost.

I let my girlfriend play softball.
Debt Help for Men

Gary

If you're looking to simply import such a large DB, then have you given a tool called BigDump a shot?
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Illori

is the new domain on another server or hosting account? if it is on the same hosting account then you dont need to move it.

margarett

First point is to empty smf_log_errors. Then you'll have big search log tables that you might also empty.

My advice to you would be to import it to your local machine (eg, XAMPP), a 10 seconds operation via command line and then, in phpmyadmin, check which tables are too big
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DebtCow666

I cleared all the log files by deleting everything starting with insert so reads .

/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `smf_log_errors` DISABLE KEYS */;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `smf_log_errors` ENABLE KEYS */;

Cut Size of file down to 344MB

The bulk left is all

smf_members 575k
smf_messages 

If 574.5k are all spam is there a way to tell 1 from the other?
Debt Help for Men

DebtCow666

8;すべての5000が必要かどうかを疑問視。これはまだ元財務大臣リンジータナーは、公共サービスへの '肉の斧を取ると脅しハワード政権の最後の日に比べて高いレベルで連邦の雇用を残したであろう、 氏アボットは言った。怒りに対処するための行動変容のテクニック我々は電話で協議会にお問い合わせする&#123

Lots of that stuff in the messages.
Debt Help for Men

Deaks

DebtCow I have marked this topic as solved as you have not updated us since your last post, did you get the issue solved? do you still need assistance? if so can you tell us what else you have tried?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: