Undefined index errors

Started by TonyG, December 26, 2014, 01:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyG

I have a fresh v2.0.9 install where I've just been doing normal configuration. After 5 days I have 200 messages in the Error Log for "Undefined index". These are coming from a few scripts and for a number of index IDs.

The most frequent offenders:

1)
Themes/default/Login.template.php
In all cases here, the URL has been modified to look like this:
http:\\ subdomain.domain.tld/index.php?http:\\ subdomain.domain.tld/full/path/to/forum

We do have that path mapped to the subdomain but I think SMF is getting confused and modifying/redirecting the URL incorrectly.

2)
Sources/Subs.php
The line numbers reported in the log do not agree with the array index being cited.

3)
Sources/Subs-Auth.php
Line number is correct.

====

Is there a defined way to suppress this specific error (code 8 ?). As a developer I don't like the idea of suppressing errors, but the alternative is to get 200 of them and just delete them because I have no idea if any of them are significant.

Advice?
Thanks!

Kindred

what is the EXACT error message?

As for the redirect error, it looks like you have a forced redirect somewhere which does not match that actual url that you input into your smf admin setup.

Basically, smf, with the default installation and proper configuration does not generate any errors.
If you are getting them, then you either have installed a bad mod, misconfigured something or otherwise made a mistake in setup.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Redirect errors can easily be caused by WordPress. If this is a typical cPanel setup where the subdomain is a folder of the main public_html folder, and WP's .htaccess file is in the root, it will be followed and honoured by Apache.

As for errors, it is ALWAYS better to cite the actual error so someone can take a proper look.

TonyG

@Kindred : There are 200 errors that all look similar. Please see prior notes. The line and undefined index being reported are all different. It looks like whatever is causing this, very few array elements have been defined so just about any reference causes this error.

I will look into .htaccess, the subdomain mapping, WP, and other suggested points.

Thx

Arantor

Yes but you have not even provided a single one for us to look at. I would always rather have more data than less, and right now I definitely do not have enough to go on.

Arantor

All of those definitions that are missing are all defined in the same place: the core languge file, index.english.php. What's the earliest one in a batch that is missing?

Also, your list of mods is rather long, may be relevant.

Advertisement: