Gift Subscription

Started by Alex10455, December 26, 2014, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex10455

I need a mod that allows someone else to pay for someone else's subscription on their profile

SMF Version: 2.0.9 & 2.1

Arantor

Surely they would just send you the money and you would activate it manaully?

It's a lot of work for limited practical benefit in all honesty because this is the first time I've heard of the request - and I would imagine this is really not a common request.

Alex10455

Quote from: Arantor on December 26, 2014, 06:51:37 PM
Surely they would just send you the money and you would activate it manaully?

It's a lot of work for limited practical benefit in all honesty because this is the first time I've heard of the request - and I would imagine this is really not a common request.

This is not stone age.. lol

Everything is done automated. If I actually take your suggestion into consideration I would be also be wasting time inserting values into the DB to get everything properly balanced off and logged and setting membergroups lol

Arantor

No, you can set subscriptions up from a member's profile. It is just the payment handling that is not automatically handled.

Alex10455

Quote from: Arantor on December 26, 2014, 07:31:12 PM
No, you can set subscriptions up from a member's profile. It is just the payment handling that is not automatically handled.
That's why I made the topic  :P How do I set it up on a member's profile

Alex10455

Arantor

Sorry, not the profile, you set it from the paid subscriptions area, you can add it to a given member's account for any period of time you wish.

Antes

No, and topic title should be "Gift Subscription".

Alex10455

Quote from: Arantor on December 26, 2014, 07:52:45 PM
Sorry, not the profile, you set it from the paid subscriptions area, you can add it to a given member's account for any period of time you wish.
I know about that .... But if I do that then I would need to manually add other information to external stuff away from SMF.

I've already set it up for the current SMF paid subscription script when someone buys subscription for himself I honestly don't have time to manually add people on a daily basis. I have external stuff todo.

It would be greatly appreciated if the 'Gift Subscription' was implemented by someone.

Arantor

I can tell you now it almost certainly won't be. It just is not something that happens nearly enough for anyone with the skills to spend the dev time on it.

Advertisement: