News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF 2.0.8] Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and .. ERROR

Started by Rain Forest, December 28, 2014, 07:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Forest

People on my forums are complaining that their username + ascii code (e.g. this ascii sign: ♥) are giving them '?' instead of the ascii sign/code. After I tried it myself I got the following error.

Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like'
File: /home/.../Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 1006

As I am a rookie in Database or advanced coding I have no idea what to do. My forum has always been with UTF-8 characters (if it's any helpfull).

hopefully someone could help me :)

Subs-members.php is added as attachment.

Kindred

look in your database and confirm that all of the tables AND columns are indeed UTF8
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rain Forest

Is there a simple query to convert all tables to utf8?

E.g
ALTER TABLE ALL CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8;

Just checked it and saw that all it are UTF8..

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Rain Forest

All colums are latin1_swedish indeed..

I have no clue, even on that link how to change/convert all colums to UTF8.. :(

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Rain Forest

Deaks

Dragon Fruit do you still need help with this?  If so can you tell us what else you have tried please :D
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: