News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Drupal 8 <--> SMF

Started by HeneryH, January 02, 2015, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeneryH

Long time Drupal user here who is new to SMF.  Most of the web searches I've seen on Drupal/SMF integration is very very old.

Starting this topic to reopen the discussion and if needed perform the coding required.

If this topic is a duplicate please let me know there the existing discussion is and I will move over there.

Thanks
Joe 

More to come...

Kindred

I do not believe that there is any working, existing bridge....    So- code away.

I suggest using the API and/or hooks
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HeneryH

I just created the "Hello World" Drupal 8 module.

I'm thinking the desired requirements for a bridge would be:

• Provide a Drupal Block to show recent posts in the forum
  • Sync users so they don't have to create Drupal and SMF accounts

I'll start with #1 which seems the easier of the two.

Kindred

Well, that is simple. ssi_recentPosts();
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HeneryH

Drupal Module Project has been created.  It is only a sandbox project so far so it isn't in the public catalog and can only be accessed through my drupal username.

hxxp:www.drupal.org/sandbox/jjflynn22/2401105 [nonactive]

I'll be working in this git repository and look forward to any collaborators.

dakotaroar

HeneryH, how is this going?  I wish I could help but I'm still pretty worthless at coding for both Drupal and SMF.
The only forum for students in North and South Dakota!  Campus Dakota.

LucyDemoon

Anyone working on a Drupal 8 Brige?

Advertisement: