Site slow?

Started by vbgamer45, January 03, 2015, 06:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Anyone else feels like the site is loading slow? Been like that for me all day.

Page created in 14.419 seconds
Page created in 10.235 seconds with 12 queries.
Page created in 4.375 seconds with 8 queries.
On both servers "Page served by: 10.0.100.135 (10.0.100.113)" and Page served by: 10.0.100.134 (10.0.100.134)

DB slow?

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Antes

yeap I'm bouncing between 4 to 20.

vbgamer45

What is odd though sometimes it takes a long time but the time reflected in the time it takes the page to load isn't the same.
Might be time to upgrade some hardware.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ARG01

I have been averaging anywhere from 40 to 60 seconds for each page load, since yesterday. Very frustrating.  :-\

QuoteWhat is odd though sometimes it takes a long time but the time reflected in the time it takes the page to load isn't the same.

Exactly. I timed this page and it took 37 seconds to load but it states "Page created in 1.431 seconds with 9 queries."
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Night09

Page created in 16.243 seconds with 20 queries.  Thats opening this topic.

Ive had high as 40 seconds. I tabbed and reloaded other open pages to see if it was just the browser but they worked within seconds.

LiroyvH

The difference between how long it takes before the site opens for you and the page generation time that's being reported is caused by the communication between the front-end and the back-end. If the front-end is, for whatever reason, very slow or queing up a lot whilst the back-end has no problem keeping up with whatever request is actually passed on to it for processing: you'll notice the site takes a while to respond, whilst the page generation time is still very low.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Steve

Makes sense ...

Any idea why it's been acting up the last couple of days? Too much holiday cheer? :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Antes

Quote from: Steve on January 04, 2015, 09:40:02 AM
Makes sense ...

Any idea why it's been acting up the last couple of days? Too much holiday cheer? :P

Sadness of staying away from CoreISP :P

Steve

Night09

vbgamer45

Anyway to prevent it from happening? It is a turnoff to people when trying to find information and or post.  Would better hardware help? We can do a fundraiser maybe.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

It only seems to happen for short periods for me. If it's loading slow I just go do something else and in a few minutes when I come back everything seems to load fine.

vbgamer45

Yeah but that is not really a solution. Large site with 3 million posts but really not that big for the amount of servers we have.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

ARG01

Seems much better today.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

busterone

for the last 3 days I have had some page loads take as long as 45 seconds, and then I got only a partial load. 
It is loading instantly for me today, so whatever was done to the servers, thanks.   :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Was very bad last night, and bad again today.  Load times are erratic, and site is frequently inaccessible.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I had a bunch of inaccessible periods last night...   today it's just been dog slow.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ARG01

Last night was good. Today, horrible. Averaging more than 70 seconds for each page load, also frequently inaccessible. 

Debido

Besides being very slow most times for me, it wont even come in quite often saying web site not found  >:(

then if I try it 10 or so minutes later it works good.

Advertisement: