News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Site slow?

Started by vbgamer45, January 03, 2015, 06:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisado

Some very random page load times here.  Some pages are generating very quickly indeed, while others end up hanging for over half a minute.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Almeria Food

Thanks Night09, our problem started just a few days ago - have not changed the setup and the host sees to be working just fine... so will keep looking.

Night09

Quote from: Almeria Food on January 21, 2015, 07:18:36 AM
Thanks Night09, our problem started just a few days ago - have not changed the setup and the host sees to be working just fine... so will keep looking.

If you dont fix it then start a thread in the support board, you will get most help there for more complex problems. ;)

Night09

Hi guys are we anywhere near finding the root cause of the slowdowns?

Its getting ridiculous at times and even knowing what I know of SMF im paining to wait for page loads at times. Could it be a dodgy drive ? Do we have access to the actual server hardware? If so start a donations thread for a new server setup if thats an issue loaded to the max with 192gig of ram. Something needs to give this has been going on for months. This is not a rant but ive just finished a hard shift and the last thing I want is to see 3 pages a min. I know the actual symptoms are sporadic but it needs fixing really or people are going to be fed up in general coming to the site here.

If theres things we can all help with together then get the ball rolling. ;)

Page created in 21.025 seconds with 10 queries.
Page created in 45.906 seconds with 18 queries.
Page created in 11.283 seconds with 19 queries.
Page created in 38.465 seconds with 12 queries.
Page created in 17.562 seconds with 20 queries.
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 9 queries.

Totally wierd how it just goes normal again then will start rising at random.

margarett

Now it seems good but during the day it was sometimes painful :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Antes

Congratz you just break the new world record with 45.906 (if I'm not mistaken) - I saw 44.594 from NanoSector :D

Night09

Quote from: margarett on February 02, 2015, 07:00:26 PM
Now it seems good but during the day it was sometimes painful :P

I collected those in the last hour but to reply now its Page created in 2.171 seconds with 19 queries.

It is fast when it wants to be but definately something is wrong somewhere.

Quote from: Antes on February 02, 2015, 07:01:21 PM
Congratz you just break the new world record with 45.906 (if I'm not mistaken) - I saw 44.594 from NanoSector :D

Sometimes I read the news on another tab and come back its so bad but wow didnt realise it was so high compared to others. :P

Im on fibre BTW not dial up before anyone asks! ;)

ARG01

Page created in 51.653 seconds with 16 queries.

:-\
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Burke ♞ Knight

Most times, I get timed out messages. It's getting more a pain to try to load pages here.

Maybe it's time for SM.org to get a new web host. :P

And yes, CoreISP, that was a joke....LOL

But jokes aside, any idea what's going on, Core?

Burke ♞ Knight

Page created in 18.087 seconds with 19 queries.

Yet, according to my browser, and my clocks, it took over 5 minutes, to load this page, once I clicked the link to it.

The "Page Created" is NOT a valid way to tell how long it took to load a page, and in my opinion, should be removed, due to it's inaccuracy.

Sure, it tells a good time, but you have to know, that it only takes into count, the time the browser ACTUALLY connects, not the time from click link, through the time "Waiting" to the time connected, and then finally loaded.

As far as I'm concerned, the Page Created time is total BS. It is NOT anywhere near accurate.

Another example, in case people think that I may be exaggerating.

Steve

Zipping right along for me today. Guess it just didn't like the snowfall. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

live627

Who left the door open? Computers don't like snow :D

LiroyvH

Quote from: ♘ DeadMan ♘ on February 02, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
Maybe it's time for SM.org to get a new web host. :P

And yes, CoreISP, that was a joke....LOL

I don't host sm.org. ;)
In fact i've been keen to avoid that even in situations it would be possible and perhaps even a good idea, just to prevent a potential conflict of interests. :)

Quote from: ♘ DeadMan ♘ on February 02, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
But jokes aside, any idea what's going on, Core?

I do, I have known for a while exactly where the problem is...
The problem currently is waiting for the solution to actually get its metal ass in to the datacenter.

As far as I'm concerned, the Page Created time is total BS. It is NOT anywhere near accurate.

The page generation time itself is perfectly accurate. The explanation on why it differs from the actual time the page loads has been explained somewhere a bit back in this topic.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Arantor

It has been consistently speedy of late for me, at least when I've been here. Been crazy busy of late.

Advertisement: