News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide Content

Started by kelvincool, January 03, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelvincool

• Minor fix to naming of permission

Try this new version, I think I understand what's happened there, the naming of the permissions messed with the way the javascript works on the permissions page. Install this version and go back to the permission page, check and uncheck the Hide Content permission, make sure the top level permission (Post topics and replies to the board) is not checked.

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

I tried with Cure Themes and Default but it's giving me the same issue. I Asked both of my friends to check and it was the same. I even on the Permission side took away the permissions but they still can access on the front end.
I am not sure if it's just me having the issue or some one else too?

Please look into that.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

Are you using different permission profiles for the board? Do you mind PM'ing me your admin details so I can take a look at your permissions and settings? Because right now I have no idea what the problem is, it works fine for me.

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

Please Check you pm. My site: www.desi-american.com

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

Hi Nikhil,

Can you update the mod to the latest one? 1.1.2

desiamerican26

Give me few Minutes. I will do it right now.

desiamerican26

Hi  Kelvin,

I updated with the new one. Please check.

kelvincool

Looks like it's working fine now.  :)

The hide icon is missing though, guessing you forgot to apply the mod to your custom theme.

desiamerican26

This Works Perrrfeecccttt  ;D

I mean I see it good when I logged in through IE then I see the image but from Chrome I don't see that.

How can I apply to custom theme?

Thanks a looottt for this Mod...It helps big time.  :)

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

angsaysrawr

Leave the idea of this mod, unfortunately I think it might be conflicting with other mod. When I install it I get the following notice

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: session_var in /home/geek/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2250) : eval()'d code on line 521

Notice: Undefined index: session_id in /home/geek/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2250) : eval()'d code on line 521

Any assistance is appreciated it. I have also attached the Load.php file for reference.

kelvincool

Quote from: angsaysrawr on February 20, 2015, 01:21:43 AM
Leave the idea of this mod, unfortunately I think it might be conflicting with other mod. When I install it I get the following notice

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: session_var in /home/geek/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2250) : eval()'d code on line 521

Notice: Undefined index: session_id in /home/geek/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2250) : eval()'d code on line 521

Any assistance is appreciated it. I have also attached the Load.php file for reference.

That's not a conflict issue, it's an issue with the mod, I know what the problem is so a new release will fix this.

Quote from: desiamerican26 on February 18, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

When you install the mod, just make sure the check the theme you want to install it too. You might as well wait for this new release and upgrade.

desiamerican26

Quote from: kelvincool on February 20, 2015, 08:46:22 PM
Quote from: angsaysrawr on February 20, 2015, 01:21:43 AM

That's not a conflict issue, it's an issue with the mod, I know what the problem is so a new release will fix this.

Quote from: desiamerican26 on February 18, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

When you install the mod, just make sure the check the theme you want to install it too. You might as well wait for this new release and upgrade.

I got your point Kelvin. Will wait for next upgrade.  :)

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

angsaysrawr

Thank you for the quick follow up. I'll wait for the new release. :)

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

This is Kool....I just updated with the New Version and re-applied settings as suggested.

Works Great  :)

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

• Minor fix to undefined variable warnings
  • Permissions now persists after uninstallation unless checkbox to remove data is checked

When updating to the new release you will need to re-apply any permission settings you've previously set but after this update that will not be needed for future updates.

kelvincool

Quote from: desiamerican26 on February 22, 2015, 11:08:41 AM
Hi Kelvin,

This is Kool....I just updated with the New Version and re-applied settings as suggested.

Works Great  :)

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

You managed to download that before I decided to withdraw it.  :(

Can you use the new version I uploaded instead? You won't have to re-apply any settings for this one.

desiamerican26

oopss.....yup i just downloaded the 1.1.3 and replaced with the previous version. And then I changed the settings without getting it checked. It probably just worked I guess.

The New version is 1.1.3, right?

kelvincool

Yes new version is 1.1.3.

desiamerican26

Ok kool. So, that's what I updated with and it works fine.

On the side I was wondering if there is any possibility for hiding the Boards. Let's say if I want viewers to open any particular Board after some particular Number of Comments?

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

OK a bit confusing, the 1.1.3 version you downloaded was the one I pulled, there is a new 1.1.3 to download now, so I would suggest you download that and install it instead. The reason why I didn't change the version number was because I didn't think anyone downloaded it yet (and I was being lazy  :P).

Hiding an entire board is a completely different feature to this mod, remember this is a BBC mod. You can already do what you want in SMF, just use groups that are based on post counts to selectively allow access to a board, you can set this on the modify board page.

Advertisement: