News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hide Content

Started by kelvincool, January 03, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desiamerican26

Oh no no. I had v1.1.2 I checked before I uninstalled. And then I downloaded the 1.1.3 for the Mod Link.

Hmmm....I need to check on that one. I will update you on that.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

jsx

@kelvincool

Your modification is just excellent. If SMF 2.1 comes out you will create this modification to 2.1?

kelvincool

Quote from: jsgrom on March 01, 2015, 12:18:04 PM
@kelvincool

Your modification is just excellent. If SMF 2.1 comes out you will create this modification to 2.1?

Don't see why not, I guess it depends on how much time I have. There shouldn't be a lot to change since I already use hooks.

jsx

jsx

@Kelvin

I have a question in relation to this information:

In the previous version was shorter information, example: You require a post count of at least 1.

If is require post count 1 to discovering the content, so why the another information: you need another 1 posts? Cause I don't understand.

----------------------

I'm enable plugin thanks, write a value 1, it mean that to discover the hidden content in the post have to thanks for this post, when I'm thanked for post this post is still hidden.

What for this option at all is? Why I must thank for the author of the post and additionally must somebody thank me for some my post that I can see the hidden content? It doesn't make sense.

However if I will enable this option:

It will be enough once to thank and the post is discovered. In this modification should be one option i.e. the option of thanking the author of the post and then a hidden content is uncovering itself. Do you understand? As well when I want to write the value: 0 it is still a written value: 1

kelvincool

Quote from: jsgrom on March 10, 2015, 09:40:00 AM
@Kelvin

I have a question in relation to this information:

In the previous version was shorter information, example: You require a post count of at least 1.

If is require post count 1 to discovering the content, so why the another information: you need another 1 posts? Cause I don't understand.

Someone requested the feature to know how many posts you needed before you could see the content, this makes more sense if your minimum post count condition was higher, like in your second example where it's 200. It'll say "You require a post count of at least 200, you need another 199 posts.". Just to re-iterate this option is not about posting a reply to see the content, it is about your total post count only. I think that's where you are confused with what it means.

Quote from: jsgrom on March 10, 2015, 09:40:00 AM

I'm enable plugin thanks, write a value 1, it mean that to discover the hidden content in the post have to thanks for this post, when I'm thanked for post this post is still hidden.

What for this option at all is? Why I must thank for the author of the post and additionally must somebody thank me for some my post that I can see the hidden content? It doesn't make sense.

However if I will enable this option:

It will be enough once to thank and the post is discovered. In this modification should be one option i.e. the option of thanking the author of the post and then a hidden content is uncovering itself. Do you understand? As well when I want to write the value: 0 it is still a written value: 1

Those two plugins do different things, you are misunderstanding the first one called "thank". This specifically refers to the total number of thanks the current user (as in you, not the author of the post) has received. So take your example, you need someone to thank one of your posts before you can see the content, alternatively if you've already got a thank count above 1 than you will see the content straight away.

The second plugin "thanked" is more what you are after where you have to thank the post you are looking at to see the content.

The reason you can't change the value to 0 is obvious, there would be no point in using the condition if you want to specify a thank count of 0. That's basically making it public to everyone.

motosimak

error logs

8: Undefined index: message
Файл: site.ru/Sources/HideContent.php
Line 196

Quote196:         $context['message'] = parse_bbc($context['message'], false, '', array('hide'));

how to fix?

kelvincool

Quote from: motosimak on March 10, 2015, 02:34:34 PM
error logs

8: Undefined index: message
Файл: site.ru/Sources/HideContent.php
Line 196

Quote196:         $context['message'] = parse_bbc($context['message'], false, '', array('hide'));

how to fix?

I think I know what's caused this, can you tell me the link that accompanies the error, you don't have to give me the whole thing just the end bit, i.e. something like this

index.php?action=post;quote=15

jsx

@Kelvin

QuoteSomeone requested the feature to know how many posts you needed before you could see the content, this makes more sense if your minimum post count condition was higher, like in your second example where it's 200. It'll say "You require a post count of at least 200, you need another 199 posts.". Just to re-iterate this option is not about posting a reply to see the content, it is about your total post count only. I think that's where you are confused with what it means.

All right, I thank for the explanation.

QuoteThose two plugins do different things, you are misunderstanding the first one called "thank". This specifically refers to the total number of thanks the current user (as in you, not the author of the post) has received. So take your example, you need someone to thank one of your posts before you can see the content, alternatively if you've already got a thank count above 1 than you will see the content straight away.

All right, not entirely I understand the brightness of this first plugin "thank". What if no user will thank me too my some post? Then I won't be having access to hidden content by author. Just I need to have a proper count of thanks for my post from users that I could see hidden content. Can you explain me what sensibly meaning does this first pluggin has? Cause honestly I'm surprised something like that.

QuoteThe second plugin "thanked" is more what you are after where you have to thank the post you are looking at to see the content.

Excuse me, but I don't understand what you wrote, you can write me it intelligibly? Just the pluggin "thanked" is a which enables one-time thanking for the post and then contents are visible isn't?

QuoteThe reason you can't change the value to 0 is obvious, there would be no point in using the condition if you want to specify a thank count of 0. That's basically making it public to everyone.

I understand.

Kelvin I would like to suggest you such a suggestion, if in modification Say Thanks are such a options:

Enable withdraw thanks option   
Hide thanks count on post   
Hide thanks count in profile   
Hide top ten thanks stats

Whether you will enter these options into Hide Content in the next update?

kelvincool

Quote from: jsgrom on March 10, 2015, 02:50:33 PM
All right, not entirely I understand the brightness of this first plugin "thank". What if no user will thank me too my some post? Then I won't be having access to hidden content by author. Just I need to have a proper count of thanks for my post from users that I could see hidden content. Can you explain me what sensibly meaning does this first pluggin has? Cause honestly I'm surprised something like that.

If no user thanks your posts then you aren't contributing good content to the forum, the point of this particular plugin is to encourage users to post good content that others will thank them for therefore increasing their thanks count and enabling them to see more content.

Excuse me, but I don't understand what you wrote, you can write me it intelligibly? Just the pluggin "thanked" is a which enables one-time thanking for the post and then contents are visible isn't?

Yes the thanked plugin works based on whether the user has thanked the post.

Kelvin I would like to suggest you such a suggestion, if in modification Say Thanks are such a options:

Enable withdraw thanks option   
Hide thanks count on post   
Hide thanks count in profile   
Hide top ten thanks stats

Whether you will enter these options into Hide Content in the next update?

Why would these options go into the Hide Content? They are two separate mods. Those options have nothing to do with Hide Content.

jsx

@Kelvin

QuoteIf no user thanks your posts then you aren't contributing good content to the forum, the point of this particular plugin is to encourage users to post good content that others will thank them for therefore increasing their thanks count and enabling them to see more content.

All right, if you have such a vision of this plugin. I'll ask also, what if two users or a lot of users will communicate between themselves e.g. on private messages that each of them for everyone will get to like posts? Then it is possible to cheat it this plugin and contents which is hidden will be visible for these people through false clicks of likes.

QuoteYes the thanked plugin works based on whether the user has thanked the post.

All right.

QuoteWhy would these options go into the Hide Content? They are two separate mods. Those options have nothing to do with Hide Content.

You entered in Say Thanks modification a possibility of hiding thanks in the post, in profile, in statistics and withdrawing thanks, so why in the Hide Content modification it cannot be?

kelvincool

I'm not saying the current system is flawless, I do have some ideas on the roadmap to make it better.

Quote from: jsgrom on March 11, 2015, 09:33:11 AM
You entered in Say Thanks modification a possibility of hiding thanks in the post, in profile, in statistics and withdrawing thanks, so why in the Hide Content modification it cannot be?

I honestly don't understand what you mean, what has "hiding thanks in the profile" got to do with the Hide Content mod? The Hide Content mod is just for hiding content in the actual post. The options you are talking about are specific to the Say Thanks mod.

jsx

QuoteI'm not saying the current system is flawless, I do have some ideas on the roadmap to make it better.

All right.

QuoteI honestly don't understand what you mean, what has "hiding thanks in the profile" got to do with the Hide Content mod? The Hide Content mod is just for hiding content in the actual post. The options you are talking about are specific to the Say Thanks mod.

You entered the system of thanks into the Hide Content modification and every click is written in the user profile etc., these are statistics, showing how many thanks the given user collected, I just ask why it wasn't possible to shut it off from user profile etc., just to adapt it for oneself just like it is in this second modification.

Dragon41673

Kelvin...are there any issues with the Core themes using this mod (like the issues with Say Thanks)?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

SaltedWeb

I have to say this is one of he most unusual mods I have seen and one that that is pretty amazing.
Installed and works no issues.  Well done and thank you.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

kelvincool

Quote from: Dragon41673 on March 23, 2015, 09:10:14 PM
Kelvin...are there any issues with the Core themes using this mod (like the issues with Say Thanks)?

No there shouldn't be any issues with this one.

@SaltedW, glad you found it useful!

Sesquipedalian

I found a little bug.

If a raw URL is given as the hyperlink text for an <a> element inside the [html] BBCode, installing this mod causes that raw text to be output with literal [url]...[/url] wrapped around it inside of the <a></a> HTML element.

For example, this:

[html]
<p>This link will be formatted correctly: <a href="https://www.example.com/" target="_blank">My example link</a>.</p>
<p>This link will not be formatted correctly: <a href="http://www.example.com">http://www.example.com</a>.</p>
[/html]

will appear in the published post looking like this:

This link will be formatted correctly: My example link.
This link will not be formatted correctly: [url]http://www.example.com[/url].

(Note: I had to fake it a bit in the supposed output because of the settings used on this forum here. Just imagine that the underlined bits are live links, and you'll have the idea.)

As you can see, some spurious [url][/url] BBCodes are being inserted when this mod is installed.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

kelvincool

Thanks Jon, got a fix for that, will be in the next release.

Sesquipedalian

Great! Thanks, kelvincool.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: